Making a leash for empty stage/deco bottles: DIR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TecDiver1990

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
What's a good way to make a leash to hang your empty stage/deco bottles from the rear d-ring on the crotch strap? I was thinking about 550 cord and a couple 1" bolt snaps, but I'm looking for a couple different ideas or affirmation that my idea is a good one. Thanks!

Leashes aren't clipped to the rear d-ring. They go on the left D-ring next to the spg. Use a medium bolt snap.

The correct length of the loop is generally a little bit wider than your palm. 4mm cord is generally used with some vinyl tubing on 1/2 of the loop to give it shape. When you've got empty stages on there a little long or short won't really be noticable. But the length needs to be long enough so that an oxygen bottle will sit in the crack of your butt. Neither slipping off and hanging down nor falling too far between your thighs.

There are pictures here somewhere but I can't find mine.

Last edited:
if no one steps up I can go snap a pic of one if you like.

i think I have one in the car. lemme check

edit: yep

nVyRY.jpg

Can also use a captured boltsnap instead of a double ender. End to end my loop is about 5" long. I'll try to get a pic tonight.

i like mine with longer than average bolt snaps and leashes. just to give me a little more to grab onto with my big paws.

this particular bolt snap isn't that long. I think i found this one at the beach one day actually

Awesome! I just made one a few hours ago! Thanks so much! I'll put a pic up in a few!

Take care with the knot. A fisherman's knot is the way to go, others come undone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom