Making a leash for empty stage/deco bottles: DIR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here it is.

Attachments

• HPIM2034.jpg
    HPIM2034.jpg
    432.7 KB · Views: 772
They didn't show you this in your GUE Tech 3 class?

They did. That's why I knew to use the triple fisherman's knot. I really misphrased my question. I was looking for a new way to do it other than the GUE way. I didn't like having the double ender on my leash and also wondered if 550 cord would work just as well as 4mm line. I have so much 550 cord laying around and I didn't want to go out and buy a bunch of 4mm unless I really had to.

And a new place to clip the leash, too?

Yeah...I'm just not a big fan of the GUE method for clipping off empty/extra bottles, in terms of where they clip them and the use of a double ender. I've been clipping mine to my rear D-Ring, but I know that I should go back to the way GUE teaches it. There's got to be a reason they teach it that way, and they know much better that I do, especially when it comes to that kind of stuff...it just makes me feel awkward with everything off of my left side. I probably just need to hit the local quarry and do a few dives and force myself to get comfortable with the stages clipped off where they're supposed to be...and that's no big tradgedy...lol

When and where did you take t3? This is all covered stuff, and the rear dring certainly isn't DIR (per the title of the thread).

Something isn't adding up here, mate. It might be the nitrox wrap, or the "o2", or a number of other things....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom