Make me an Offer sale - now untill Tuesday of next week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another very satisfied customer! Lightning fast on the PM's for me and already got a notice from FedEx! Thanks for the smokin' deal and on behalf of those with a sane mind, thanks for the promotion in the first place!

Mark..

Why don't you EXTEND your promotion by this weekend. You might be able to clean out all your inventory pretty soon.

i didn't get a response to my yesterdays PM yet

bottemdweller2:
This sounds dumb, but how do I pay for the items after we have agreed on a price?

Once the two of you have agreed on a price and you have committed to buying the item (let him know that), he will give you a coupon code. Go to the site put the product in the basket and check out like you normally would with an online purchase. Once you get to the check out there should be a place to enter "coupon code" enter the code he gave you and it will do the math and work it out to the price you agreed on.

Hmmm, so I wonder why when I accepted a counter offer yesterday afternoon he asked me to send my credit card info in a PM or phone call? And then never responded back to two further PMs from me?

Ya know what, Mark? Just forget it all. Your counter offer on the PT light was about $6 less than I could get it at Scubatoys. I'd like to have the $6 and buy myself a six pack but it's not worth going to all this BS over.

8 effin' PMs over 3 days and you still haven't replied to my last two PMs or come up with this mysterious "coupon code". I hate to think what a hassle it could be if there was a problem with the billing or the product after the sale. I feel a sense of relief right now as if I just dodged a bullet.

I'm glad some of you were apparently able to get prompt replies, offers you liked, and painless transactions.

The advantage of the free enterprise system is that we are free to buy from whom we choose, and also free to not buy from those we decide are not worthy of our business. I've made offers on cars, motorcycles, houses, even dive gear and had them turned down. Also turned down offers on things I had for sale, because they didn;t meet my minimum requirement/expectation. No problem, it's just business. If everyone could sell the same products at the same price, you'd only need WalMart.

Thanks for offering deals Mark. There are plenty of stores that only do MSRP.

We are also free to express our opinions and experiences that lie behind those consumer decisions.

ReefHound:
Ya know what, Mark? Just forget it all. Your counter offer on the PT light was about $6 less than I could get it at Scubatoys. I'd like to have the $6 and buy myself a six pack but it's not worth going to all this BS over.

8 effin' PMs over 3 days and you still haven't replied to my last two PMs or come up with this mysterious "coupon code". I hate to think what a hassle it could be if there was a problem with the billing or the product after the sale. I feel a sense of relief right now as if I just dodged a bullet.

I'm glad some of you were apparently able to get prompt replies, offers you liked, and painless transactions.

Enough crap already. I had issues that I expressed with my PM mailbox getting filled up very quickly. Given that virtually each PM was a negotiation I couldn't exactly just delete 100 at a time, I needed to copy the offers into a spreadsheet so I wouldn't lose track.

I offered to match TDL on a hose that isn't on our website, so told you that I would need your info cc# etc. because the online order system won't take an order for items it doesn't have.

Then you came back late and said do a 32" (which is online) or better yet do I have a good condition used one that I could sell you at $10. I asked our tech. to look for one in excellent condition.... This was late yesterday afternoon.

This morning Scubaboard was down, so I couldn't let you know the status. Before I could it seems you were already posting.....

Honestly my experience has shown me that when a transaction starts bad it tends to stay that way, this only strengthens that conviction. I am pleased to read that you are taking your business elsewhere, thatbreaks the chain of bad. Scubatoys is a great business and you should have no problems with them, they are a class act.

Best regards,

mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom