Make me an Offer sale - now untill Tuesday of next week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
OK, labor day is fast coming and for this weeks special it will be "Make me an Offer"
Pick anything from our website (I wouldn't bother asking on tanks and camera's) and send me a PM with an offer.

Reasonable offers will be accepted and if too low I will counter offer with the absolute lowest price I will sell it for.

In the event that your offer is too high I'll also let you know.

There are some products that the manufs. have established a MARP (minimum advertising and retail price)I'm not allowed to discount those. I'll let you know if indeed it is a MARP product and make suggestions of other comparable product that I can discount.

Folks, this will be BIG savings, all you need to do is take a few seconds to PM me.

Best
Mark

PS-PM's over the weekend will most likely be answered on Monday.

HERE is the website

divematt:
Sure you will !!!!!!!!! :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

yeah I would, simply because if I sell you item "a" at "x" dollars and another SB member item "a" at "x+y" dollars and you found out you would then write up a nasty little post about me that would cause others NOT to buy from Divers Supply.

Believe it or not I actually have thought this out somewhat.....:D

and your website is? (diversupply.com and diverssupply.com both appear to be spam generators)

The website is in MMDiver's Profile...

MMDiver:
yeah I would, simply because if I sell you item "a" at "x" dollars and another SB member item "a" at "x+y" dollars and you found out you would then write up a nasty little post about me that would cause others NOT to buy from Divers Supply.

Believe it or not I actually have thought this out somewhat.....:D

OK then why can't you guys out there in "SCUBA SALES LAND" just quit playing games with us and give us your everyday best price and put it somewhere. I can be the website, or on the ticket in the store, but why waste all of this time trying one day to get this much out of us, and tomorrow get that much out of us. I hate shopping, it's a waste of time for everyone involved. You do me right the first couple of times and I would keep coming back forever and we'd both be happy.

I just bought a SEA-DOO EXPLORER DPV for $400.00 and found it 3 other places for $799.00, $699.00, and $599.00. Yes I got a good deal and it's new just like the other 3 places, but it really irks me to read "make me your best offer" and then you'll tell me if it's OK. NO, you tell us your best offer and we'll decide if your prices are fair.

I'll play your game once. How much do you want for another SEA-DOO EXPLORER for a dive buddy of mine? Oh wait a minute, I have to tell you what I'd pay. OK I'll give you $400.00 for another one. You see there are tons of things that I would buy from you but I don't want to have to make an offer!

I really believe you'd make a heck of a lot more money if you'd just give your best price one time up front.

And by the way, having us make offers will in fact cause us to get products from you at prices below what someone else may have paid a week ago for the same item before the "Make Me An Offer Sale". So why would you care if an offer were "too high"? I mean, you came here with a new sale that appears that if a low ball offer was still within your means, you might just honor it right?

Just my 2 cents,
Matt

divematt:
OK then why can't you guys out there in "SCUBA SALES LAND" just quit playing games with us and give us your everyday best price and put it somewhere. I can be the website, or on the ticket in the store, but why waste all of this time trying one day to get this much out of us, and tomorrow get that much out of us. I hate shopping, it's a waste of time for everyone involved. You do me right the first couple of times and I would keep coming back forever and we'd both be happy.

I just bought a SEA-DOO EXPLORER DPV for $400.00 and found it 3 other places for $799.00, $699.00, and $599.00. Yes I got a good deal and it's new just like the other 3 places, but it really irks me to read "make me your best offer" and then you'll tell me if it's OK. NO, you tell us your best offer and we'll decide if your prices are fair.

I'll play your game once. How much do you want for another SEA-DOO EXPLORER for a dive buddy of mine? Oh wait a minute, I have to tell you what I'd pay. OK I'll give you $400.00 for another one. You see there are tons of things that I would buy from you but I don't want to have to make an offer!

I really believe you'd make a heck of a lot more money if you'd just give your best price one time up front.

And by the way, having us make offers will in fact cause us to get products from you at prices below what someone else may have paid a week ago for the same item before the "Make Me An Offer Sale". So why would you care if an offer were "too high"? I mean, you came here with a new sale that appears that if a low ball offer was still within your means, you might just honor it right?

Just my 2 cents,
Matt

While we would love tojust always put the lowest price we would sell it at we often can not. Doing so would result in us not being able to get the product to sell to you.

The explorer that you got was below my cost, and I promise you that I get good prices.... If you are serious PM me for a price.

Best,
Mark

Here we go again Mark,

I thought this was all supposed to be out in the open. You want me to PM you for a price, making it sound like I might get a price different than you'd give others here in the public view. You just got done saying that you were concerned that buyer "A" might buy something at a price different than buyer "B", and because of that one of the two would be unhappy with their price!:no

And so it goes, we all pay different prices, there will always be sales, and we will always have to spend too much time shopping. But you will always have to waste time trying to lure us in one way or another as customers. :shakehead:

I'm sorry that you can not match the price on the Explorer, but that's what I paid for the first one, and I don't want to exceed that price. Thanks for the attempt to match the price.

Can you guys offer something like a 10% or 15% discount across the board for anything? Others can!!!!! :eyebrow:

Matt

divematt:
Here we go again Mark,

I thought this was all supposed to be out in the open. You want me to PM you for a price, making it sound like I might get a price different than you'd give others here in the public view. You just got done saying that you were concerned that buyer "A" might buy something at a price different than buyer "B", and because of that one of the two would be unhappy with their price!:no

If I put prices out here in public I would be violating MAP policies for soem of my vendors.

And so it goes, we all pay different prices, there will always be sales, and we will always have to spend too much time shopping. But you will always have to waste time trying to lure us in one way or another as customers. :shakehead:

Honestly, unless you type quickly(I don't:D ) our exchanges have taken more time than most have spent to get a price....

I'm sorry that you can not match the price on the Explorer, but that's what I paid for the first one, and I don't want to exceed that price. Thanks for the attempt to match the price.

It would be less expensive for me to send you a crisp new $50 bill (fedex overnight first am delivery)than sell you one at that price.

Can you guys offer something like a 10% or 15% discount across the board for anything? Others can!!!!! :eyebrow:

We do, and have for awhile

Matt

My comments in RED

Matt, I make my living dealing with the "rules" of selling dive gear everyday. Trust me it is a PITA but "some" of them make sense.

Best,

mark

GONEHAWKN:
:popcorn: sounds like more than one of us is not biting at the bait being used for fishing around here.....

I'll bite....:D

So what does it really take for a quick PM? nothing really, then YOU decide if you are getting a deal or not.

It really is that simple.:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom