Major League Vortex Meet/Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So any other news on this get-together, the thread in the FCD kind of got lost as well (except in my subscribed threads list). Still thinking of coming. What is the set up around there like, what campsites might be close together, close to #1 or wherever some of you guys have booked already? I guess i should bring singles and doubles - singles just in case we got boat riding?

Simon, the camp sites are somewhat spread out. There are sites with hookups and sites for tents only, or without hookups.

I guess the best way to get an idea is to go to the Vortex Springs website and have a look-see.

We'll be coming in that Friday afternoon and leaving early afternoon the following Sunday.

It's going to be pretty much just like a good old southern family reunion !!!!

Don't forget the cheese straws and deviled eggs !!!!

simbrooks:
So any other news on this get-together, the thread in the FCD kind of got lost as well (except in my subscribed threads list). Still thinking of coming. What is the set up around there like, what campsites might be close together, close to #1 or wherever some of you guys have booked already? I guess i should bring singles and doubles - singles just in case we got boat riding?

The camping area is pretty open and not quite as spread out as Ginnie, locating everyone will not be a problem. The campsites aren't in a wooded area, other than a few pine trees, its just flat grass and dirt.

Bring doubles and singles, I'm hoping we can get a group together, get some of Vortex's canoes(or other small boats), and head to Cypress. Vortex has a cave. A drive down the road to Marianna will get you to Merrits Mill Pond(Jackson Blue, Twin Cave, Hole in Wall, ect). You have enough certification to get in(they require atleast Intro) and I'm sure someone else will be around to dive with you - if you're looking into getting into some of that. Cypress and Morrison just have caverns for the most part, single tank is all thats needed. You could probably side-mount into Cypress a little further, not sure how far. There is a cave system at Morrison, but the entrance is blown and you'd probably have to go no-mount to get into it now.

I'm hoping to have completed my cavern cert by then and hoping to do a few cavern dives while down there. I've already been in morrisons and vortex's caverns, but would like to go in both again, as well as cypress'.

Matt

Corigan:
I'm hoping to have completed my cavern cert by then and hoping to do a few cavern dives while down there. I've already been in morrisons and vortex's caverns, but would like to go in both again, as well as cypress'.

Matt
Yea hopefully the level is down at morrisons and cypress so we can have some good viz.

K. get in touch with me, I sent you a few PM's

Rivel levels are below 6' already and the flow is pumping. I heard there was anywhere from 50-100' of visibility depending on what day and time this weekend you were diving the site.

I have been speaking with some folks up there and will hope to be around on the main day of diving/meeting/eating etc, but might be cave diving the rest of the time at other springs around there given the opportunity while i am in the area.

SuPrBuGmAn:
Rivel levels are below 6' already and the flow is pumping. I heard there was anywhere from 50-100' of visibility depending on what day and time this weekend you were diving the site.

If viz is that good, maybe we need to make a trip sooner. Im dying to get in water with 50' viz.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom