Major League Vortex Meet/Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm certain that Uncle Bersie and all the Hodagg kids from both the Coon River Ranch and the Cat Creek Farm will be there. No Hodagg that has ever been born or naturalized can possible resist the opportunity to go diving.

Translation - I'm certain that Rick Murchison and all the hard core divers from Montgomery will be willing to truck on down there and put some ATAs between us and the sky.

Will be great to meet some of the folks that we converse with daily.

The lump is slowing down now. All the guys out there freedive it. Now is rig time. Snapper will open on Thursday and the gangs will hit em hard. I have a bay boat, but I am prone to hitting the rigs a time or 2....but the weather has to be really good. Next year I will have my 25' Wellcraft ready....the Army is keeping from it this year.

Hey, Tom, you bring the deviled eggs !!!!

mrfish87:
The lump is slowing down now. All the guys out there freedive it. Now is rig time. Snapper will open on Thursday and the gangs will hit em hard. I have a bay boat, but I am prone to hitting the rigs a time or 2....but the weather has to be really good. Next year I will have my 25' Wellcraft ready....the Army is keeping from it this year.

Thanks for the update, I know the rigs carry some good fish, and coral. If you dont mind,I will let you know when im coming down so we can try to hook up and do some diving. That would be great to get back out on the gulf and dive some of the rigs. How far do you go out, and what kind of viz do you have? When I use to fish out there we would go to rig 143, which is 30 miles straight out of south pass, but we would often hit the 5 mile rigs to go and catch snapper. Let me know when the weather is doing good, and I'll try to make it down early if I have to.

Kyle

Kyle, Whats going on? My name is Chuck we met at Vortex Springs couple weeks ago, me and my wife were getting certified with Duncan also. I finally found the Looney Birds forum, I agree with you we need to get out on Lanier and do some diving. We are gonna try to get back to Vortex Springs in a couple of weeks to log a few dives, and in June we are going to West Palm Beach. Well hope we can hook up some time.

Welcome to the Board C.Young

Tom Smedley:
I'm certain that Uncle Bersie and all the Hodagg kids from both the Coon River Ranch and the Cat Creek Farm will be there. No Hodagg that has ever been born or naturalized can possible resist the opportunity to go diving.

Translation - I'm certain that Rick Murchison and all the hard core divers from Montgomery will be willing to truck on down there and put some ATAs between us and the sky.

Will be great to meet some of the folks that we converse with daily.
Weelllll, I'd be there for sure, but I'll be in Honduras that weekend. Y'all take plenty of pictures to share, ok?
Love,
Rick

Looking forward to this, lets get planning on what everyone can bring.

I've been dry far too long, a long diving weekend like this is what I need. I'll be bringing the Zodiac in hopes to talk my way to a buddy willing to run up Holmes Creek to get to Cypress(assuming water levels are high enough - otherwise, I'll be canoeing it). I kinda hope they are low, that way Morrison will be available as well.

*thinking*

Vortex Fri night
Vortex Sat morning
Cypress or Morrison Saturday
Vortex Sat night
Morrison or Cypress Sun morning

Lots of food in between eh? What can I bring? I'm no cook, but it doesn't take any skill to buy/bring food for the event... :wink:

Basically, an up, for TheKracken's ScubaCookOut - looking forward to it.

I'm going to making a pot of brunswick stew, so if you could, bring several loaves of white bread, OK, or perhaps pick up some styrofoam bowls and plastic spoons ????

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom