Major League Vortex Meet/Dive - Oktoberfest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

More like Air HoZe!!! Besides, only the HoZe KnOzE

And I know the Force will be with us at Vortoberfest!!!

OK !!! I've reserved my campsite so WE CAN'T CHANGE THE DATE - IT IS DONE !!!

OK, we're each going to bring 2 six packs of some type of esoteric German beer to throw into a communal tub.

Baby Duck is tentatively going to make some sort of shrimp, sausage, corn and potatoes concoction.

I'm going to make some brunswick stew.

Who else wants to do, make or bring what ????

Don't forget the sundries, plates, bowls, knives/forks/spoons, cups, etc., etc., etc.

the K

The Kraken:
Who else wants to do, make or bring what ????
I'll bring 40 pounds of charcoal, some girl scout juice to start it, a few beers, some Conecuh and if I can find some, some Vidalias or some Texas sweets.
The Lovely Young Kat will make some of her world famous 'tater salad & bring that.
We'll also bring along some of our usual condiments; spices & sauces & such, and three or two baguettes.
We've reserved the "big house" so we'll have the big BBQ pit for our use, and shelter in case of rain.
Rick

By golly, RicK !!!

This thing has POTENTIAL !!!!

the K

I Need to get a place to sleep, and unfortunately, the soon to be ex has my camping gear. Anyone with room, reserve a spot for me, or I will have to resort to sleeping on the Kraken's front porch.....

Let me know what else needs to be brung in the way of nutrition or lack thereof, and I will make up my grocery list....

Thanks to all!!

Hozey

OK now I got to find some place to camp... geez details details... :)

Steelmagnolia,
Call down to Vortex and reserve campsite #2 for that weekend.

the K

am i camping or bunkhousing? (either is fine, i'm not a sleep princess) do y'all want that frogmore stew (see above) or something else? can i bring non-german white liquor or will i get kicked out? are tanks there? will angelina and brad get married? can someone with mod powers (so they can edit if needed) make a list of who all's coming? what besides gear & something to eat is needed? will the shuttle land ok? ok, answer whatever you can.

Baby Ducklett,
You may certainly bring some non-German white liquor, but that requires that you bring a most excellent bottle of either a spatlesse or auslesse white German wine.

I, for one, would love to sample your frogmore stew.

I'll attempt to keep a running post of those planning to attend and will post it from time to time.

the K

Firm Dates are October 15th and 16th :dazzler1:

Lets see, they have a 6 person room for $96 that has a shower and kitchenette. Split four ways and that would only be 25 a night. It might be advantageous to have the kitchenette for warming up food and fixins. I dont mind doing it Co-ed as long as the ladies dont mind, and we can all wear our jammies around..They have a couple of other options as well (4 person no cooking 64, grandview for 6 or 4 with full kitchen 104 and 145)

I think I may go ahead and reserve one and let the Par Tay begin!! Anyone who wishes to split in and crash there is welcome..I will arrive friday the 14th and be staying over friday and saturday nights...

Wish I could get this many folks interested in going to Pompano on the 25th of this month for three great days of boat trips. Maybe if I added a party to it.....

Tentatively I will bring some fresh bakery bread and goods and snack foods.

Hoss

Back
Top Bottom