Major League Vortex Meet/Dive - Oktoberfest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lil38:
Baby Duck, good luck with your Nitrox cert! I lived in Durham for a couple of years. You a Duke fan or Tarheels? It seems I'm always missin' the good stuff! OH IT'S JUST NOT FAIR!!!! :crying:
thanks, lil, but i was able to get 'er done this past weekend & am voodoo gas certified. actually, i'm a state fan. ok, actually, i'm a pirate, then state, then duke, then abc...if you were here, you know what that means!

thanks for the reservations, d. now that i've read the thread about how it's been facelifted, i'm curious to see this institution!

D'oh, lost another female SB'er... this sausagefest is becoming moreso by the second!

mwah hah hah!

The Kraken:
some sort of German beer
Yew gonna disqualify my Belgian offerings??? :D
Rick

Nevah, my good Sir!!! Nevah, I say . . .
Why, that would be downright un-neighborly.

SuPrBuGmAn:
D'oh, lost another female SB'er... this sausagefest is becoming moreso by the second!
:lol: I'm not lost, I'm just stuck in Osceola County for a li'l while!-----Or, maybe you meant someone else? OMG Bugman, what-did-you-do?! Don't tell me......Bronco of doom.......I can see the headlines now.......'Female diver found walking on roadside, mumbling'- quoted as saying; "I knew the minute I climbed in that truck I was askin' for trouble. Pieces were falling off at every turn. We actually made it to the springs and had some great diving! But afterwards well, I don't know what that concoction was, but they made me drink it. Some madness about a Vortoberfest ritual. I haven't been the same since." :D (j/k) Hope ya'll have a great time! Dammit, I can't believe I'm gonna miss it :(

Thinking it might be a better idea to hit Morrison first thing Sat morning, I'll still head to Vortex at 8AM to round up whoever is interested. River levels are predicted to be around 3.1' in Caryville and they've been having über great visibility reports - it'd be nice to hit it before the crowds do to get the full extent of beauty.

Sat schedule looking like...

Vortex at 8AM
-Morrison Dive
-Morrison Dive and cleanup
-Depending on time... Sally's for lunch? or Vortex Dive
-If we goto Sally's first, dive Vortex afterwards, otherwise dive Vortex and go eat at Sally's
-Socialize with SB'ers
-Possible dive at Vortex?
-Dine Vortoberfest style
-Night Dive at Vortex
-Partake in Vortoberfest beer tasting shinanigans!

Sunday's schedule is holding firm.

-9AM at Exit 104 to meet with a Chicagan SB'er, then to the boatlaunch in Vernon
-Dive Cypress
-Dive Cypress
-Maybe dive Becton?
-Eat food somewhere... Subway, Sally's, Hooters(Crestview)??? LOL

Lil38:
OMG Bugman, what-did-you-do?! Don't tell me......Bronco of doom.......I can see the headlines now.......'Female diver found walking on roadside, mumbling'- quoted as saying; "I knew the minute I climbed in that truck I was askin' for trouble. Pieces were falling off at every turn. We actually made it to the springs and had some great diving! But afterwards well, I don't know what that concoction was, but they made me drink it. Some madness about a Vortoberfest ritual. I haven't been the same since."

Damn! I've been found out!!! Oh Noes! :D

SuPrBuGmAn:
...-Eat food somewhere... Subway, Sally's, Hooters(Crestview)??? ...
Don't forget Dee's in Vernon - she's no Sally, but it wasn't too bad.

SeaYoda:
Don't forget Dee's in Vernon - she's no Sally, but it wasn't too bad.

The grilled fish sandwich was excellent, and fresh. Sally's seafood isn't fresh, atleast not according to the waitress I asked once. Can't beat Sally's burger, but I'm more than happy with Dee's seafood(coulda been a bigger sandwich though :D ). Only problem I have, Dee's isn't open on Sundays :(

i have been successful so far in procrastinating about packing. i faltered and made a list, but i'm convinced i can forget it when i go to the store to get groceries and therefore get back into the swing. argh, not looking forward to getting up sooo early tomorrow, but looking very much forward to the rest of it!

Back
Top Bottom