Major League Vortex Meet/Dive - Oktoberfest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just speak nicely to her and drive slow :D I go through the routine anytime I go anywhere with the Bronco of Doom... or impending Doom?

paulwall:
You can dive in whatever you want :05:

I was going to sleep in my footie jammies.,....you people....

and wear my birthday suit for diving!!!!!

The nerve....

Lil 38, new thermo, couple jugs of premix coolant, talk really nice, get a wash job, and your truck will be happy for the trip..just dont tell the waterpump....

Hossinthehouse

Lil38,
You can get some stuff called "Water Wetter". It's a reddish fluid that reduces the surface tension of water enabling it to cool more efficiently. Mix it with distilled water and fill your radiator, after you flush it of course.

It will lower your operating temperature by 10-20 degrees.

I use it in my MG Midget and '69 Dodge Travco (Wally).

the K

already planning the packing...i'm so looking forward to meeting everyone! can't you tell? i'm driving a total of 24 hours to spend a day diving...

The Lovely Young Kat has decided we can leave Friday afternoon vice waiting until Saturday morning, so we'll be down Friday evening. We'll be in Grandview #3.
See y'all there!
Rick

SuPrBuGmAn:
Gotta pick up some R'Dale sausage as requested and I'll be ready to go :D
Whew! You had me worried there for a minute... :)
Rick

Mat,
Another cheap shot at your bronco!

To clarify once and for all, it is THE BRONCO OF DOOM.

Yall have fun. I'll be diving Sat afternoon with my son at ABWA. Anyone not able to make the Springs due to conflicts are welcome to meet us early Saturday afternoon.

Howard

SuPrBuGmAn:
Just speak nicely to her and drive slow :D I go through the routine anytime I go anywhere with the Bronco of Doom... or impending Doom?

Dove Morrison yesterday and there was 100+ vis. There was no one at Vortex, but then of course it WAS a Monday. More diving with everyone this weekend, weeeeee!

OK. Update !!!
I just called Sally's and have a reservation for a table for 10 for Friday night.
She said, and I quote in my most respectful sense of the southern female vernacular, "Way-yuhl, ah'm sho'-uh we kin make room for mow'-uh."

I can write this because I grew up with family and friends speaking like this.

This lady is like family. They just don't come any better.

Y'all heah ????

the K

Thanks for this tip Kraken. Looks like I may have to, 'cause something still isn't right. I don't want to take any chances driving it that far until I know it's fixed. I'm just totally sick about it! :crying: I was really looking forward to meetin' ya'll. Not to mention the Vortoberfest madness! :D Sheesh, I need a vacation! I'll have to see if I can get to Ginnie for one day during the Mega-dive. I know a few of ya'll will be there. Sorry that I won't be meeting Rick, and some of the others. Ya'll have fun. Darcy, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Baby Duck, good luck with your Nitrox cert! I lived in Durham for a couple of years. You a Duke fan or Tarheels? It seems I'm always missin' the good stuff! OH IT'S JUST NOT FAIR!!!! :crying:
The Kraken:
Lil38,
You can get some stuff called "Water Wetter". It's a reddish fluid that reduces the surface tension of water enabling it to cool more efficiently. Mix it with distilled water and fill your radiator, after you flush it of course.

It will lower your operating temperature by 10-20 degrees.

I use it in my MG Midget and '69 Dodge Travco (Wally).

the K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom