Magnahelic gauge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cold,
Attached are two photographs of my panels backside showing the connection.
When you receive yours you will see two tapped holes on the backside . They may or may not have pipe plugs in them. You will be using one hose to the gage.
My gage has the hose coming in from the side lower port and plugged the port closest to the back center of the gage. The upper side plug and the other plug on the back are not used. However , do not plug them. You can plug one but not both.
When these gages are used in factories that have a lot of particulate in the air they put a vented or filter plug in those ports . If you plug those ports it will not function in the way that you will be using it.
Alternatively you can use the port in the back center for your connection but will then need to plug the side port.
When you put the hose on you may , out of curiosity, want to inhale or blow on the tube to see the needle move. Do it carefully so as not to peg the needle.
Magnahelics require that the are vertical so that the needle is not displaced by gravity. The needle can be zeroed by turning the small plastic screw on the face.
The upper barb fitting is there because I was to lazy to unscrew it. It can be just the port or plugged. Just be sure not to plug both upper ports.

Have fun,
Randy

Attachments

• SSCN1502.JPG
    SSCN1502.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 90
  • SSCN1503.JPG
    SSCN1503.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back