Question Stationary Magnahelic Tester needed to service regs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Y'all are trying to DIY one of these, right? Mouthpiece Adapter Assembly, Acetal. For $25, you get the mouthpiece adapter with the barbed fitting and the latex band seals. I can understand if you're buying 3-feet of latex or silicone tubing to make several of these assemblies, but if you're only making a single unit I would think ordering it from Scubatools is not that much more expensive than DIY.
Probably better off for people that have fewer sunk costs at this point. :rofl3:

You take an old mouthpiece. There are two rings on the part that goes on the reg where you put the zip tie between. Then, with a standard hole punch, put a hole in it just behind the back ring.
Shove the tubing into the hole enough that it stays and doesn't block the main opening. Attach the other end to the barbed fitting on the mag. Done.
You will only see the actual cracking point for a second because the needle will drop back to zero once the reg starts to deliver air.
I've been doing it this way for ten years and over the years have compared it to using the very expensive set up from scuba tools.
The difference in measurement? Nada.
And Magnahelics on ebay with fittings go for 25-30 bucks. take a piece of plywood or lexan and cut a hole the gauge will fit into. Secure it using the provided mounting hardware that usually comes with the gauge and drill a 1/2 inch holes to run the tubing through from the back of the gauge.

Attachments

• 20230130_192401.jpg
    20230130_192401.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 67
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom