Magnahelic gauge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I need advice to get a magnahelic guage. Best brands; where to buy one; price to expect? Thank you.
  1. Dwyer -- Magnehelic is their trademark; it's not a generic term.
  2. eBay
  3. If you spend more than $30-ish, you're trying too hard.
If you're doing this for reg repair, you need a model that has a bi-directional scale (center is zero). I use the 2304 (-2/0/+2 inch scale) but the 2310 (-5/0/+5) would also work. New, they're $120-ish. Used, they come up on eBay constantly and are a bargain.

I've always used "Dwyer" Magnehelics for my business & dive apps. What are you trying to do?

I bid one on ebay. When I receive it, how do I set it up? What other fittings, etc. will I need?

Dwyer 5-0-5.

I'm at work right now and don't have an instruction sheet with me. Did it come with instructions? I use both unidirectional and bi-directional and don't remember the details. I do remember that on the unidirectional one port is used for the hose and one is left open to atmosphere. I'll have to check the bi-directional. Tried to locate online but to no avail. Will post this evening if someone doesn't beat me to it.
there are ports on the side and ports on the back. There use depends on how you are mounting gage (panel or surface).
Randy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom