"Magic Eraser" to clean new mask residue?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Artimas

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Has anyone tried the Mr. Clean "Magic Eraser" to clean new mask residue?

I was thinking about trying it on my new mask. It's slightly abrasive and works really well cleaning stuff around the house, it might work better than toothpaste.

Hmm! I have an atomic subframe with the ARC coating, woudl that "magic erasure" harm the coating.I saw some warnings on the package and shied away till I could find more info.
thx
Robert

I posted about it on the other thread. It works for me. I do a quick burn w/ a lighter, then magic eraser. No problems. Soft scrub and every other new mask cleaning solution is slightly abrasive. I'm not saying it will work with every mask or with any fancy coatings, but I haven't had any problems with it.

I don't know how it will work with extra coatings, but on the basic tempered glass mask I bought recently, The extra strength magic eraser and toothpaste seem to work great! I didn't want to try the lighter, didn't want to risk screwin up the skirt on a new mask, and I have only fog tested in the Kitchen so far though. I'll know for sure later this month.

Eric

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom