Madison Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I spoke with the WB last week. Things are still pending, but they are working with us to get everything in order for this year.

We might have to adjust around with a few things, but I will know more on that in March or April.

Any chances of having later hours this year? some night diving during the week? Or better question.. Any extended amount of hours for the entire week? BTW where do you do your pool training? Someone asked me the other day and I had no clue. He was interested in getting his advanced and so on. he lives past Moulton so he's trying to decide where is best for his driving distance.
Tootles, Sheree'

Any chances of having later hours this year? some night diving during the week? Or better question.. Any extended amount of hours for the entire week? BTW where do you do your pool training? Someone asked me the other day and I had no clue. He was interested in getting his advanced and so on. he lives past Moulton so he's trying to decide where is best for his driving distance.
Tootles, Sheree'

The hours can be changed, we will stay open for night dives as requested if there are enough people that want to join in.

The problem with extended hours during the week is getting people that want to dive during the week, I have to close the store when the quarry is open and that bites into the operational costs a little bit. I usually opened the quarry during the week as requested, its just a matter of scheduling a little bit in advance.

Britt,
After all this rain and snow..how's the water level at the quarry? Soooo ready for it to warm up and the WB to approve '10 season. How's it going?

Tootles, Sheree'

What she said, plus Buzz wants to show off his mermaid swim suit!:cool2:

The WB said they couldn't use it for anything until next year and it just has to go through the yea or nay vote before we can make it official. Everything should fall into place and the WB is certainly making this easy on us.

So, pending any outside interference, we are planning on starting the maintenance in April and opening on the 1st of May.

The water level was up about 2-3 inches back in December, Im not sure where it is now but I will make a run to check it sometime in the next week or so.

Im not to sure about the mermaid shorts. I dont think the WB will allow anyone to introduce contaminants into the water. :doh:

Good to hear Britt, let us know if you want to have a Quarry day to do some cleaning, we will be glad to help.

Im not to sure about the mermaid shorts. I dont think the WB will allow anyone to introduce contaminants into the water.

Now, would Buzz do anything like that!:glasses:

The water is up a little bit. We will need to put up a few fish crossing signs, but the water is not as deep in the parking lot as it was last year. :D

3-8-10-1.jpg

3-8-10-2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom