Madison Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Swimmers stay in the swimming area, snorkelers can go anywhere, and yes the insurance does make a difference.

Current temps are about 74 on the bottom.

1 diver, some swimmers & a snorkeler. dive buddy bailed on me but I'm diving any way, been waiting long enough.

---------- Post Merged on July 7th, 2012 at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous Post was on July 6th, 2012 at 05:57 PM ----------

2 tanks at madison quarry today

diving was fun, water felt great. the heat got to me after though, while waiting on the kids & then loading up the truck.

Conditions saturday were pretty good. 50% chance of rain & t'storms, we got there after 10:00 am and the weather held for us. We got 2 dives in & were ready to leave when we could see the storm moving in from the west.

Lots of divers, plenty of people having fun. The water is mostly warm, 84 or more on top, maybe mid 70's at depth? I wore a swim suit & T shirt & was fine. There are odd spots that are cooler than the rest, dunno what causes that but if you keep moving you move out of them, so they're not a problem.

Viz at depth is crappy, which matters bc everything to see is at depth. if you aren't comfortable with low viz diving this is a good, safe place to do some & build your comfort. I've done quite a bit in far worse, my wife & friends wife not so much but they both did fine.

All in all we had a great time & look forward to doing it again.

The good news for the quarry should be that with all of the rain, we can hope that the water board won't be drawing down the quarry this fall and that the quarry will be open into the fall as planned! :D

This Saturday, Aug 25th, we are having another Night Dive at Madison Quarry. Admission for the night dive starts at 6 PM and since there is no cook out on this one, its only $10.

The Quarry will be open Monday for Labor Day. Come out and enjoy the warm water, the visibility is coming back up as well.

So is the quarry still planned to be open through late October?

Thank you,
David

So is the quarry still planned to be open through late October?

Thank you,
David

Yes, we have the lease through October 31st, we are planning a Pumpkin Carving contest for the 27th and possibly a night dive too for the same day.

Back
Top Bottom