Madison Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just a reminder, the quarry will be open Monday for Memorial Day.

Thanks to our Veterans for making that possible.

All,

The quarry is open and the diving is great! The vis is anywhere from 15-25ft depending on where you are in the quarry. Max depth is (currently) 55ft and the bottom temp is 59F as of yesterday (09JUN13). There are two thermoclines, the first just below the training platforms and a second thermocline about 10ft above the bottom (just drops one degree).

Drysuits are still the best option for most people, otherwise plan on a 7mm or layered 5mm for the next two weeks or so. Air temps will go up into the 90s later this week so it won't be long before the water warms up as well.

Regards,
Ltstanfo

Do you guys have rental gear available at the quarry?
Namely a BPW setup? I've been wanting to try one out before I start building one up.
Other things I would need to rent are a wet suit, and an extra tank.
I have my own regulator, a single tank, and personal gear.

I tested my (very) old vest style BC in a friends pool yesterday... that thing is leaking air from almost every major seam. Which means it is taking in water from most of the other seams... lol. I haven't used this BC in years, and apparently the bladder must have dry-rotted.

Yes, Better Diver does rent gear, including BPW and sidemount. Please note that quantities for BPW and sidemount rental are limited.

stopped by this evening with a visiting diver from AZ to take pics, but the gate was locked. She won't be diving this trip but hoped for better access for pics. No big deal. Not enough
time this trip for dives.

Update for the 4th of July Holiday:
We will be open from the Thursday the 4th through Sunday the 7th. That is 4 days of Diving, Snorkeling, Swimming, and Kayaking. The water is getting warm and the days are getting hot... Come out and enjoy them.

what's the water temps now? Might try to get a couple of tanks in saturday, prolly my last chance before moving.

In the midst of our incredibly wet summer time, perhaps the quarry will be able to stay open through October this year! :D

David

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom