Madison Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Had 2 great dives at Madison today!! Great to finally meet you Britt!!

Hey Britt,

New to SB, and my Wife just got certified at Vortex Springs last weekend. I'd like to take her up to the quarry sometime this summer. When is the best time? Thanks!

I saw a note elsewhere that the quarry is not open this year.

Sad news, does anybody know the story?

Thank you,
David

I called yesterday, and the man with whom I spoke said that "they didn't get the lease". He didn't give any details other than that.

I called yesterday, and the man with whom I spoke said that "they didn't get the lease". He didn't give any details other than that.
Well, a year has gone by and it looks like betterdiver has closed. So is there any hope for the quarry being opened again for diving?

David

I would love to know also. My son moved to Ellisville which is only a few miles away. It would sure be awesome to dive while visiting!! :D

It would appear that the quarry will not be open for the 2015 season. There seems to be some sort of legal battle going on for the rights to operate the quarry and lawsuits have been threatened towards the Madison water board by one of the competing parties.

Here is their facebook page which has all the information I just posted.

https://www.facebook.com/MadisonQuarry

Not closed, just on hold trying to figure out which direction we need to go in due to the recent events. Since some of my previous staff members decided that I wasnt in the industry anymore (I wish I would have known that I retired) and then chose to make an attempt to open the quarry without me, Im still trying to get things moving in a productive direction.

Nice to hear from you Britt. We enjoyed diving with you before. We are ready to dive again!! Please let us know. We will be there!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom