Madison Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't mind diving solo, but if you come through & want to dive this weekend let me know. I get to look at the gap in the trees from work every day but have not dove it yet.

Thanks all. I just arrived at 0100 last night in niceville I'll keep you all advised when I know something. Time to go ruin their continental breakfast!

Sent from my DROID X2

---------- Post added ----------

Looks like it is a 5hr drive to your quarry. I'll be there around 1400 (depends on my departure time). I'll need some 21% nitrox please.

Well its a bust. I got a flat just south of Montgomery. I'm in the Firestone waiting for them to change the tire and do an alignment. There goes the dive budget. Sorry.

Sent from my DROID X2

Last edited:
2 of us will dive on saturday, possibly a 3rd. Wife may want to just snorkel a bit.

Do you charge for swimmers? Son & grand daughter are not divers but would like to swim while I dive.

2 of us will dive on saturday, possibly a 3rd. Wife may want to just snorkel a bit.

Do you charge for swimmers? Son & grand daughter are not divers but would like to swim while I dive.

This years prices are:

Divers $25
Snorkeling $15
Swimming $5
Kayaking $10
Kayak Rental $15

How do you differentiate between a swimmer and a snorkeler? Use of snorkel? Fins? Mask?

How do you differentiate between a swimmer and a snorkeler? Use of snorkel? Fins? Mask?

Prob the above (mask/fins/snorkel)

It might seem silly for the different price.... , but I'm betting he's got much higher costs on his insurance for snorkelers than swimmers.

Some quarries don't allow "swimming or snorkeling" because of the insurance company restrictions.

I think he's got a "roped off area" in the shallow end for swimmers also. (keeps them off the diving docks also, where they could easily get hit with a tank on a dive, etc.

I figured a mask would be a good way to differentiate, I was curious what they used.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom