MacDive and Oceanic VT3 help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did get in touch with t0w who was a tremendous help, he truly went above and beyond (and got back to me incredibly quickly). It seems that I am just getting a really dodgy connection with the cable. I let everything settle overnight, tried it again this morning, and it worked flawlessly. Not really sure what else it could be, but I'm certainly not complaining. I am loving MacDive with the data import, what a great program!

Thanks so much for all of your help everyone and thanks for the support t0w!

^^ no problem, glad you got it working!

Whenever I use the program with my Vyper Air, It always fails on the first try. What seems to work for me is to firmly hold the computer interface contacts against the contacts for the USB cable and retry.

This is a known issue with the Air, Vyper 2, and Cobra 3. For some reason they don't quite wake up correctly the first time. You shouldn't need to hold it firmly again, it should just be a case of retrying the import.

Re: The Puck - haven't heard of this before. Is it the same serial port every time ? It should be recording that value for the next time. Could you perhaps ping me an email with some more detail (macdive@thedoorisajar.org) and I'll take a look with you.

Unfortunately I'll be away on holiday (wohoo!) for the next couple of weeks, and likely won't have any internet access. But leave me a mail and I'll get to it as soon as I'm back.

Last edited:
Howdy, thought I'd post here - same kind of problem.

I am connecting VT3, goes into PC mode, and then going to Import -> VT3

Sits there for a while and then says Cannot Read Memory.

The PC countdown on the VT3 is still going, and try again - stiull not luck.

Am running Snow Leopard and have installed all the right drivers...

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Nick

Howdy, thought I'd post here - same kind of problem.

I am connecting VT3, goes into PC mode, and then going to Import -> VT3

Sits there for a while and then says Cannot Read Memory.

The PC countdown on the VT3 is still going, and try again - stiull not luck.

Am running Snow Leopard and have installed all the right drivers...

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Nick

Were you using it on Leopard beforehand ? If so, did you uninstall the old driver before you installed the new SL one?

Is the connection good ?

Otherwise please drop me a mail so I can check when I get home.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom