M/V Fling and the Texas Flower Gardens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No, for me it was the sleepless night and getting bounced off the bulkhead when the Gulf built to 4-6 feet. Found out the hard way that scopalamine patches don't do ANYTHING for me. I ripped it off about 2 a.m. and downed some Dramamine. I was having muffins and juice at 6, splashed at 7 and didn't mind the climb back onto the boat a bit after dive one...even though THAT was a real trick!

Sorry your trip was scrubbed. Keep trying! The trip out there to the FG is DEFINITELY worth it!

Air was included or you had to pay per fill?

Was nitrox available?

What depth did it take you to?

What were you doing in the evenings?

What food was like?

Sleeping arrangements?

We dove NITROX. Small fee up front. All air or NITROX is included

East and West Banks of Lower Gardens and Stetson Bank all were initially 70 feet... Then up to 130 on first dive and 100 repetitive dive (boat rule)

Dive schedule was...

Board Friday at 8pm... Eat dinner before you get on.
Wake up Saturday morning at first dive site.. Pool opened at 7am
After first dive hot breakfast was ready.
2nd dive at 0830
Moved at lunch to second location 1 dive and hot lunch.
3rd dive twilight dive followed by night dive at 2100 or so. Hot dinner in there somewhere.
Fresh brownies and ice cream waiting after night dive.
Moved over nite. Woke up on Stetson Bank. 0730 first dive, 1030 second dive then a 6 hour riding me hitting the dock about 6pm

Food was great, hot and plentiful ... All you had to do is ask if you wanted something and they did their best to accommodate.

Sleeping was single bunks... Midship and bow...

I'll return soon... Well worth it. Crew was very helpful, safe and attentive!

Sarge

Sarge
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom