Luggage insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Daniel7777

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello everyone,

Which company are you using to insure your diving equipment ? We are planing to travel in few countries ( talking all the diving equipment with us ) so I was wondering if I can insure against luggage theft nothing else. Probably this is a small risk but I am asking

Thank you for any reply
Regards
Daniel

Your choices will depend on which property insurance companies operate where you live. In the US, good Trip Insurance will cover property losses, but laws, insurance regulations, insurance companies would be different there.

Your choices will depend on which property insurance companies operate where you live. In the US, good Trip Insurance will cover property losses, but laws, insurance regulations, insurance companies would be different there.

Hello,

Thank you so much for your reply. I appreciate your help, is true in Romania is not available and seems they are not many options .

Kindest Regards,

@Daniel7777 : Have you checked out DAN? Equipment Insurance - Divers Alert Network

While your airline ticket will normally provide some coverage, it will probably not cover higher value items such as diving gear. If you can, take regs, mask, computers, as carry on.
Hello

Thank you for your reply. When I had my camera and computer stollen in Tenerife , the airline did not gave 2 cents even told me the difference of weight is too small to be sure something were stolen. Then a year later I saw on tv that they busted a ring of thieves there but nobody contacted me to say even hi you idiot :) ( my mistake I checked in valuable but on the way back I was so tired travelling with kids that I was not functioning properly haha

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom