lucky or what!?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
just got back from visiting some friends (120 miles away) and we dropped in to see my nan as well as she had a stroke last week, so we could get some photo's of her with our son.

my super helpful wife put my camera on the side and when i picked it up the strap from the carry case had been hooked on something ripping it out of my hand and bouncing camera in case across the floor.

as you can imagine some choice words word muttered, but not half as much as when i took it out of the case and the program button had been broken clean of leaving just the power on/off ring (its a oly 5050) so now what i was going to spend my forth coming birthday money on is no more (a router) and will probably cover about a 1/4 to a 1/2 of the repair bill of my beloved 5050!

so the moral of this story, do NOT let any one touch your gear then you only have your self to blame when it gets broken

Yes, you are right there. Never let anyone touch your gear. I always remind my wife. But i think a camere is only a camera. and i hope it won't damage a relationship as well.

happy holidays.

Jimmy t. :)

Clive, when items of sentimental and/or monetary value here have been broken by my sweetie, I concentrate on the phrase, "It is only a material object," as if (at least mentally) chanting a mantra. It works for me.

Sounds like good enough grounds for divorce if you ask me :2gunsfiri

kelpmermaid:
Clive, when items of sentimental and/or monetary value here have been broken by my sweetie, I concentrate on the phrase, "It is only a material object," as if (at least mentally) chanting a mantra. It works for me.

i know it is only a camera and only money, but i have neither now, no camera for at least 1 month while olympus tell me the button is broken and charge me £45 plus the cost to fix (der like i don't already know that!) and i still haven't found a job (4 months now) so no money.

i was hoping to get out and take some photo's and build up a stock in the hope of selling them.

I hope you find something good soon. I just suggested that technique because it helps distract me from being too ticked off. What's done is done, and divorce is not inexpensive, either.

well i got a call last week, olympus fixed the camera for free.

that realy surprised me and pleased me no end.

however i went to pick it up today, and when the guy in the shop took it out of its protective wrapping (a big ball of bubble wrap), i noticed a mark on the screen (as did he).

when i checked i could see the screen was damaged, so i told him.

we put some batteries in and the screen had been smashed and was totaly buggered.

great, so my delight at having it fixed and back after 1 month was replaced by having to send it back to olympus again for another month while they fix the screen that they or Jessops smashed.

they did offer a loan but said it would not be the same (probably a 1.3 meg no name) do you think i should have insisted they replace it straight away?

another month is taking the mick, i was hoping to do a dive trip!

Bummer about the screen. But good to hear that Oly fixed the other problem for free, even though they were not obliged to. The bright side is you'll get a new screen!

Clive, did anyone die??? Are you going to be dealing with months of legal garbage?? No. It's a camera. How are you going to react if she has an auto accident? How are you going to react if your dive buddy saves your *** and lets your camera fall to the bottom of whatever body of water you are diving???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom