Lubrication choices...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A company called Lube V makes all kinds of synthetic breathing air oils and will even custom blend to your specs. That is what I use in my Luchard h6 compressor in 30wt. They sell direct by the quart so no big expense. In my coenelius compressor I use Mobil jet oil 2 but when my stock runs out I will buy from Lube V as they make one specifically for the small compressors in the proper weight. I would probably not use motor oil as some of the additives may cause carbon fouling and may not be the best for breathing air.
I should mention that if anybody needs any Mobile Jet Oil II, I have cases of it.

I should mention that if anybody needs any Mobile Jet Oil II, I have cases of it.

What do you need per quart?

DW

What do you need per quart?

DW
By the quart it is $20 shipped. 12 cans for $240 plus actual shipping.

Be very, very careful.

I ordered some breathing compressor oil from a company that claimed it was suitable for breathing air compressors.

the jug looked a lot like a motor oil jug. I pulled off their label and underneath was a major motor oil manufacturers label. I called the manufacturer up to see if their air was rated for breathing oil compressors. They said absolutely not and they didn’t manufacture any oils at all that were rated for that use.

Not mentioned here yet, but this is what I use in my compressor:
shell-corena-s4-p-100-compressorolie-20-lt.jpg

and that's oil specifically for breathing air compressors.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom