Low on air in deco

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Visibility on some of the deeper rigs can reach 150 feet at certain times of the year. I have floated on the surface and watched divers 150 feet below.

spearfisherman55:
When I was snokeling WD-117 on time, I could see divers at 100'.
When I was at band camp........

captain:
Visibility on some of the deeper rigs can reach 150 feet at certain times of the year. I have floated on the surface and watched divers 150 feet below.

I'll see your 150 and raise you to 295. :eyebrow:

Clarity of Ocean Water Sea water in the middle of the ocean is very clear—clearer than distilled water. These waters are a very deep, cobalt, blue—almost black. Thus the strong current which flows northward offshore of Japan carrying very clear water from the central Pacific into higher latitudes is known as the Black Current, or Kuroshio in Japanese. The clearest ocean water is called Type I waters by Jerlov ***. The water is so clear that 10% of the light transmitted below the sea surface reaches a depth of 90m.

*** Nils Gunnar Jerlov was an early leader in the area of ocean optics research. His name is recognized widely within the entire international oceanographic research community. His theoretical and experimental work on ocean optical and related processes helped form the foundation of modern ocean optical research. He proposed the concept of an optical ocean water mass classification and the Jerlov water types are familiar to many outside of the ocean optics community. His book Marine Optics, published in 1976, remains widely referenced and is considered required reading for all students of ocean optics and ocean color remote sensing.

Let's get back on topic.

pt40fathoms:
Sorry to inform you of this, but your theory is incorrect. You can do all the recreational specialties and up to Rescue Diver with PADI, with no prerequisites on the number of dives. However you must have a minimum of 100 logged dives to start any of the Tec courses offered by PADI.

I can’t speak to the requirements of other training agencies, but I’m sure that a certified instructor from those agencies could clear up any questions in that regard.

Well, sorry to inform you of this, but your theory is incorrect.

I never said PADI. If you read what I actually wrote, I said TDI - or Technical Diving International.

Requirements for TDI Advanced Nitrox & Decompression Procedures course

So yes, you can perform stage decompression dives to a depth of 45m (150ft), all within recognised agency training, with a grand total of 31 OW dives. (there are 6 dives on the combined course).

TX101:
Well, sorry to inform you of this, but your theory is incorrect.

I never said PADI. If you read what I actually wrote, I said TDI - or Technical Diving International.

If I'm not mistaken, this quote from the post I was referring to, indicates to me that you were referring to PADI, not TDI.

TX101:
So in theory a OW diver can do all the PADI courses straight to rescue, then do Ad. Nitrox & Deco and be certified to 45m, deco diving - all in about 30 dives.

But if you wish to clarify that matter at this time, please do so.

spearfisherman55:
I talked to Chris at Adventure Quest today, and he is fine with me diving these depths. He said that it would be good to take AOW. He said that in the AOW course he teaches how to breath right, about 3 different types of ways to kick, gas planning, and planning a dive with computers. He said that they do 5 dives, one night dive, one useing navgation dive, and the other two just with the other stuff he taught us. He said that we will be diving to the bottom in 100' of water.

Which depth is he fine with? over or under 100ft?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom