lost my camera today ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob,
In my SAD kit in your garage is a retractor. Take it out and use it. Next week I'll show you how to tie a cave knot for that bolt snap of yours...

I'd ask why your SAD kit is in BOB'S garage, but I suspect I don't want to know.

lucky you! my wife would have my testicles on a flagpole if i lost my camera and didn't manage to find it...

not to mention "good luck" on ever getting to buy one again... whew!

so... ummmm... what's a better alternative or "safe second" for those wrist lanyards?

Jag

TSandM:
I'd ask why your SAD kit is in BOB'S garage, but I suspect I don't want to know.
Actually quite simple: I'll be coming to and then leaving from Seattle for a week of diving in Port Hardy next week. It seemed much easier to store my gear at bob's for a bit.

Ben_ca:
Nice shots. I like the one with the Crabs.... Are they mating? Looks like a pretty big difference in size. Anyone know what they're doing?
Indeed they are mating ... or will be. The smaller one is the female, and the big fellow cannot mate with her until she molts ... so he's "claimed" his future bride and will hang onto her till she's ready.

TSandM:
I don't own a garage ... I own a dive storage facility ... :D

shugar:
my wife would have my testicles on a flagpole if i lost my camera and didn't manage to find it...
Mine would have too ... but now that she's my ex-wife, she doesn't have that kind of access ... :browsmile

billtodive:
Care to tell us what camera/strobe/housing?
Camera ... http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilmf10zoom/

Housing ... http://www.dpreview.com/news/0506/05061402fuji_f10housing.asp

No strobe ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I don't own a garage ... I own a dive storage facility ...

Yeah, I was afraid your garage was beginning to exert a gravitational attraction upon OTHER people's dive gear now . . . :)

I know the feelings you describe. I lost a crappy little HP digital a few years ago. I had just finished a week at Yosemite and set the camera on my trucks cab so I could tie my shoe. Kinda recall a flash of something in my periphery as I left the site.

I beat myself up for the loss of the camera, but it was easily enough replaced. I still beat myself up over the lost pics. My 10 y.o. at the top of Yosemite Falls, the 20 mile hike from hell to the top of Half Dome and all the other shots I'll never have.

Glad it worked out well for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom