Lost Looney Bird Found In Destin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cool pic. The GG was pretty cool. I was happy it didn't grunt at me.. :) Supposedly this GG stays on the ML. Pretty common for divers to see him hanging out around the wreck.

The coral/marine life was definately more abundant on the ML. The LCM hadn't been down very long (not sure how long), but it was coming around. There were a few resident queen angels that were having fun on the LCM picking around. The Miss Louise was definately an awesome dive, even though I didn't expect it to be since it was so close to shore and used as a training site. I enjoyed it much more than the LCM. It was still cool swimming around the LCM thinking there were soldiers being boated into the beach under heavy fire in one of these things.

Thanks for getting what LCM stood for SY. I had tracked down the # of the LCM as well as that it was from Eglin, but still hadn't tracked down what LCM stood for. I knew all I could think of was Lunar Command Module, and I knew that wasn't it.. :)

The superstructure on the side of Miss Louise was semi-visible. I could see many parts of it laying off the bow/starboard side.

I had a blast on this trip, wish I was coming back down this weekend.

Matt

SuPrBuGmAn:
Cool! I still haven't seen a Goliath either. How big was it?...

4'-5'?
Just a guess because I had nothing to compare it to and it didn't let me get too close.

Hey, Yoda,
You going to be able to make it to the Meet/Greet/Eat ???

the K

SeaYoda:
4'-5'?
Just a guess because I had nothing to compare it to and it didn't let me get too close.

Nice :)

That would have been the largest fish I've seen UW, if only I were there. Still waiting on my first big shark encounter :D *crosses fingers*

The only thing bigger that I've seen is a 5'-6' wingspan on an eagle ray. I'm still worry... I mean waiting for my first shark encounter too.

The Kraken:
Hey, Yoda,
You going to be able to make it to the Meet/Greet/Eat ???

the K
Still kinda soon to tell on my work schedule. Things have been moving around a lot at work these days. If at all possible I'll take part in some way.

I actually got to make it back and do some diving the day after matt and seayoda went. I hit the miss louise also, and while I was down there, a group of baracouda came through and hung out. One was about 50-60lbs, I felt like he kept eyeing me with all the shiny D rings I have on my BPW. I made sure I kept my distance. What was really cool was when he shot up and took a mouth full of triger fish about 10' from me. That gave me a chill up my back, im just glad I wasn't in the middle of the school of fish. Other than that, I really really really enjoyed my first saltwater expierence. I cant wait to get back down there and do some more diving. :D

Sorry I missed you this trip. How's your mom doing?

Where did you go besides the Miss Louise? What kind of surface conditions did you get with the rain coming in? How were the conditions below?

SeaYoda:
Sorry I missed you this trip. How's your mom doing?

Where did you go besides the Miss Louise? What kind of surface conditions did you get with the rain coming in? How were the conditions below?
We hit the paradise and the miss louise. The surface was nice, 1-3' seas, and viz down below was a good 40-50'. I had a great time, we didn't catch hardly any rain at all. The captain was good about navigating us around the storms. Saw lots of cool fish, and some good looking coral on the wrecks. I really couldn't have asked for a better first saltwater dive, except to have done it with you and matt. Wish you would have come out, but I understand why you didn't. As for my mom, she is getting better. They moved her out of ICU today and put her in a regular room. I got to talk to her on the phone, and she sounded alot better. Although, she would get off the subject from time to time, but she will come around. I know the man upstairs is watching over her, and I pray everyday for a fast and safe recovery. I hope we can get together soon, and do some more real diving. Im almost afraid to go back into lanier after what I seen down in destin. Just kidding, lanier is still a good place to get bottom time. Hope to dive it next week with matt.

I'm glad to hear you're mom is doing OK.

Yes, I'm spoiled here but I don't want to go somewhere that has prettier fish and clearer water - I'd probably feel like you when I got back here.

I think it's gonna be tough getting some diving in with all these hurricanes and tropical storms coming through. The water was just clearing up from the last bunch of storms!

Back
Top Bottom