Lost Gear in St.Lawrence- Wine & Snivel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom R once bubbled...
I lost a fin and a local TDI instructor found it and kept it even with my name clearly marked on it. So I wouldn't bank on getting it back. This year we have found a lot of stuff and almost every bit of it returned to it owners including a very nice watch.

Tom

Hope you know it wasn't me who found and kept your fin Tom... don't know who it was but I can make a guess...

I lost a fin myself drifting into the Daryaw earlier in the year but managed to back track a little and pick it up.

Steve

.... for returning found gear to the rightful owners.
If I ever meet you, you will get a nice big hand shake from me.
If it was my gear - you'd get even more..... NO, don't go there... I mean a beer or something.

The weight integrated (belt) I found was near the Gaskin but it did'nt have soft weights. If you think you know who's it is please pm me any questions. I'll happily give it back.

Barb

Well Tom..........

You know that's RULE # 1 of the TDI Instructors course.......Thou shalt not return..............

It's just how us non GUE guys do it :drown:

The Daryaw has become my new favorite dive shop. We always drift off the back of the wreck and blue water, right over where the diveboats park. So far we've found 1 light, and a weight belt with soft weight pouches,with a nice brand new hand light clipped off to it. (who would clip off a light to their weight belt??!) and a barbeque. We didn't bring the barbeque up.
I found a snorkel on Lock 21 once
and countless lead weights in various locations
I can honestly say I haven't lost anything of mine yet.

I haven't lost anything yet either. Knock on timbers at a 80ft!!!:D

My compass - although not in the St. Lawrence but in Lake Simcoe... I did however find a snorkel that same day and returned it to the DM who was doing some OW cert dives that day... Apparently he had the snorkel for 8 years and was talking about it to his students when that dive his mask strap broke and he lost his snorkel...

I have lost my weight integrated pocket with 10lb of weight two weeks ago while diving Comet.
I realized I lost it only half way through the dive, but it probably dropped when I was entering, - not a priblem on 75 feet, just a little bit extra boyant on ascend from 40 feet or so. As a positive result now I'm diving with just 16 pounds instead of 20 and it feel great :)

Wow Tom, that's excellent. It's for Scherwood Freedom BCD (should say on it 'This side up, max 10 lb' in white letters).
I'll pick it up next time I'll there then. Thanks a lot, you're the best! :))

PS I already got new lead (2x8 lb) from your shop :)

Back
Top Bottom