Looking to complete Open Water certification in Key Largo/surrounding keys!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adzam09

New
Reaction score
Hi!
My boyfriend and I have a trip planned to Key Largo this May for a friends wedding, but want to combine the trip with getting our Open Water diving certification! Due to limited time, we are looking to either do the online/e-learning component in our home state then complete it in the Keys or complete the classroom/pool in our home state and bring our referral certificate to the keys to complete open water dives.

I have read about some suggestions of places on the forum, if any can give their insight/ experiences, it would be helpful as there are so many places to choose from. Here are the ones I have looked into but any other suggestions are welcome!

Horizon, Conch Republic, Quiescence, Silent World, Rainbow Reef, Sea Dwellers

Thanks so much!!:D

If time is an issue. We always recommended for the Elearning (PADI) and if possible do your pool work with your Local Shop. That way all you have to do is your 4 checkout dives over 2 days. Awesome fun.

A couple others to look at would be Sail Fish SCUBA (ask for George) or Ocean Divers.

Key Dives in Islamorada worked out well for my daughter's open water cert dives. They have very roomy 42 ft. Newtons outfitted for diving. I dove with them as well and liked the location, dive sites, boats and dive masters in the water. Florida Keys ? Islamorada Diving | Key Dives

--Gary

Hi!
My boyfriend and I have a trip planned to Key Largo this May for a friends wedding, but want to combine the trip with getting our Open Water diving certification! Due to limited time, we are looking to either do the online/e-learning component in our home state then complete it in the Keys or complete the classroom/pool in our home state and bring our referral certificate to the keys to complete open water dives.

I have read about some suggestions of places on the forum, if any can give their insight/ experiences, it would be helpful as there are so many places to choose from. Here are the ones I have looked into but any other suggestions are welcome!

Horizon, Conch Republic, Quiescence, Silent World, Rainbow Reef, Sea Dwellers

Thanks so much!!:D

If time is important then I'd suggest you do the e-learning and pool session in your home town. That would only leave 4 open water dives you'll need to do when you get down here. Of course any of us can do the pool session and open-water dives, it will just take an extra day to get it done.

If you have any questions about the process, please don't hesitate to contact me or my professional staff. They'd be glad to help you.

Good Diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom