Looking Sidemount Dives Eastern Ontario

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spent an hour in the water including 30 minutes on the Rothesay, frigging around with my rig.
Thanks to Anglofish (Shawn) for helping my get things sorted out. Made the adjustments you suggested on my lower tank bolt snaps.
My only thing left to sort out it my left hose (catching on my suit inflator) & new wrist seals of course. (tore one getting undressed)
For those who don't know I wear a (old style) viking HD & the inflator is on the lower left. ( not centered like most).
I think swapping my 7 ft hose to the left will solve this.
The 7 ft will be coiled under rubber bands on the tank, routed around back of my neck, & right hose with 90° connection will be necklaced.

Mike D

My new hose routing. The circle on my lower left represents my suit inflator valve.
In my original config (short hose on my left) I found my necklaced 2nd stage hose would loop around it when I tilted my head down & try to pull the reg out of my mouth when I looked up again. This of course was never a problem in my wet suit (no suit inflator).

Attachments

• Sidemount_routing.jpg
    Sidemount_routing.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Are you just diving solo in SM? Overheads?

No, I do not dive alone , but, I am usually the only sidemount diver.
Not overhead , typically just recreational wreck dives, with limited penetration.
I'm usually buddy'd with a doubles or single backmount diver.

Last edited:
As an aside note:
I took my home built canister light on the dive.
This was my first dive with the LED head & I am pleased with the output.
The canister was butt mounted, not on my belt (where I used to have it: backmount diving).
I managed to bang it on a rock taking off my Nomad, & it cracked the clear polycarbonate cover at the toggle switch.
This is the weakest point, since it is recessed for the switch (on the inside).
So looks like I need to machine a new cover, I'm also looking for a switch with longer threaded mount so I can have more material thickness at the switch location.

Back
Top Bottom