Retiring today!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mddolson

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Most of the older divers know me, I've been diving since the early 70's.
Stu & I certified at the same ITC in Tobermory.
I taught in Brockville in 80's to 94, then in Peterborough till 2006.
I moved to Belleville in 2006 where I presently reside, & retired from teaching.
I'm still actively diving & took up side mount 2 years ago.
Today is my last day at work. April 12, my wife & I are headed to Hawaii for a long awaited vacation.
It's our first time to Hawaii. We'll be on Waikiki, Oahu for one week, & then Kaanapoli, Maui for the second week.

Plan to snorkel & dive at both islands along with hiking & site seeing.

regards

Mike Dolson
(NAUI 4780/PADI 202288 Retired)

Congratulations. Keep us posted. Stay active.

Congrats and happy splashing to you!

Congratulations on the retirement.

Hook up with Tim Rollo at Tiny Bubbles Scuba for shore diving near Ka'anapali. They're based in one of the resorts there. Also Black Rock at the Sheraton is worth a dive - shallow but fun.

For boat dives try Extended Horizons or Lahaina Divers on their west Lanai drift days - those are e-ticket rides. Big schools of fish holding formation in the current show you who the real masters of the ocean are as you go flailing by. Usually some white tips around also. The Cathedrals are the other signature dive there. I think the humbpacks are still there mid-April also - you'll hear/feel them sing more than see them. Except on the ride over.

And if you want to dive the famous Molokini crater, Lahaina sends one of their boats down a couple times a week - it's about the same time on a boat vs driving down to Kihiei to go over with a south Maui operator - plan on an hour for the drive - the Kihei boats all leave around 6am. I believe Lahaina does a retirement suitable 7:30.

for a nice dinner one night - Mama's Fish House Restaurant | North Shore Maui Hawaii

There will be a wait but you can watch the kitesurfers out in the bay while you do. It's in Paia which is across on the north shre.

We liked the helo rides also - they go up the north side where there's no roads. We hovered once near a waterfall - close enough that the mist was splashing us. I looked over and there was a goat 50' away - not sure who wasa more surprised. They are kind of pricey though.

mike long time since you were at tam peterbough and I was at adventure divers .....im not there (retiring ) but im getting close ....enjoy it

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom