Looking for TX dive buddies in December

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh see now I think 60 to 70 is tolerable and I can dive in a wetsuit with hood/gloves. Anything below 60 and I switch to a drysuit.

OK! *shiver* We need some definitions of super cold. I would call 77-79 chilly, 74-76 cold, 70-73 bloody awful cold, and anything below 70 not to be tolerated...

But I dont own a dry suit ... so my thresholds are way higher :)

Unless you buy a drysuit, or plan on staying out of the water until MAY, you need to add more neoprene. CSSP will still be in the 60's through most of April. I added a hooded vest to my 7 mil, neoprene socks under my boots, 7mil gloves, and I can tolerate 50's and 60's. (and I am a cold WUSS!) Diving in 40 degree water just sucks, no matter what I add.:shakehead: I suppose you could just dive Aquarena though. Cold is miserable, but I just can't stay out of the water that long. We're hoping to head to Balmorhea in March.

Rhonda

Debra,
Dec 13 or 14, huh? I may have to reserve that weekend for you. I haven't seen you in forever. And it's been even longer since we were in the water together. Ha!

Ooh! Balmorhea. Now there's something I haven't done in a while. Hmmm.

I can't drive to balmorhea that weekend. I have the lighted boat Christmas parade Saturday night at Joe pool Lake with our boat. I can dive Saturday morning, around 10AM. When I was out there Saturday there was wood for the fire pits just sitting out. I thought that was a nice touch. Oh yeah but no porta potty by the blue dock.

We're hoping to head to Balmorhea in March.

Hey - I am going to be in Florida and Bimini 3/15-3/21. Can you plan around that??? It's Irving ISD spring break. Hopefully Denison doesnt overlap.

I would love to have bragging rights and say I went diving in Balmorhea. The family would be impressed that I have been diving near the town great-granddaddy founded.

Hi Jeff,

Are you going to be around Austin at all on December 5th?

Best Regards,

Shawn O"Shea

We'll have the trailer parked in Baytown from the 1st to the 8th. Then its on to Ft Worth and the GRANDDAUGHTER :wink: Hurraahh

Will be around Dallas/Ft worth until the 28th when we head up to Lubbock then on to OKC.
Fun fun fun

Oh see now I think 60 to 70 is tolerable and I can dive in a wetsuit with hood/gloves. Anything below 60 and I switch to a drysuit.

Haha, under 75 and I'm going dry! Prefer the wetsuit over 80 really. I'm used to normal lake diving which means 40-50 at depth year round. I only get to use the wetsuit when I go someplace tropical. I had to choose one suit to bring to the states with me so dry is it!

It's been over a month since I've been in the water though. I think I am going through withdrawal !!

Last edited:
I had to choose one suit to bring to the states with me so dry is it!

So where is home when you arent taking a year off?

Have yourself a merry Texmas then :wink:

Hey - I am going to be in Florida and Bimini 3/15-3/21. Can you plan around that??? It's Irving ISD spring break. Hopefully Denison doesnt overlap.

I would love to have bragging rights and say I went diving in Balmorhea. The family would be impressed that I have been diving near the town great-granddaddy founded.

That's exactly the week we're going. Because it's spring break. I don't know, maybe we could plan a little earlier, but I doubt it. We wanted the extra days, and not just a weekend, cause it's such a long drive.

You'll make it out there someday.

Rhonda

Back
Top Bottom