looking for regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Da Nizz

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi Im currently looking for a good regulator for a fair price. Im putting my gear together and basically need gauges, octo, and reg. Any info would be great!

Take a look at our Salvo SR series of regs. I can probably give you a SB discount of some sort. PM me if you are interested. Keep in mind that they are DIN and would require a yoke adapter to use with a non-DIN tank.

Also, look at the Aqualung Legend. I have a set that I sometimes use. Its a good reg for the money. Most LDS's carry them.

Read a few posts and look at company sites. Research

It's hard to go wrong buying a good reg from a reputable company, but what ever you do buy something that you can get serviced locally.

There are a lot of items that you can save big money on on-line, but a regulator is not really one of them. An on line purchase can make service very difficult if there is no local dealer for that brand and if there is a local dealer, service could still be difficult as many dealers are not very warm to the idea of losing a sale to an on-line dealer and then having the customer come to their shop for service, warranty support, etc. And in many cases, on-line regs are not covered by manufacturer warranties.

I use regs from Aqualung and ScubaPro. Certainly look into them.

Agree with what DA_Aquamaster said regarding servicing your regs.

I've been using a Aqua-Lung Titan LX. Great reg for the price. rated as a best buy several times in Scubadiving magazine ratings. Great breather Check it out

I also dive ScubaPro, but they can get a little pricey.
I would take a look at Aqua Lung or Mares. They have some great regs for some good prices.

Good luck!

Hi,

I recommended scubapro MK25/S600 and Apeks ATX200 but I heard Apeks came out new modal of reg year 2006.

Cheer
Jason

Saying you want a good reg at a good price is a lot like saying you want to buy a good car at a good price. So which do I recommend? Not enough info to give a qualified answer.

It's important to find out some info before anyone could give an answer of substance... How much diving are you doing?? cold or warm water?? Are you traveling a lot or diving local? Where is local for you? What kinds of depths?? Do you like adjustable?? Swivels?? Want sealed?? Piston?? Diaphragm??

And how much do you want in the whole system? $299 or $999??

Unless someone starts asking questions like these, their suggestion for a reg is probably based on personal tastes and not what will work best for you.

Back
Top Bottom