Looking for people to dive with OH

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So who all will be diving? what time to meet?

White Star Quarry 10am Saturday with Kari, Brian, Will and his class.

Have Fun!
Rich

I'm out this weekend. I have 21 girl scouts for snorkeling and skin dive training this weekend. But at some point I'd be willing to swing through Columbus to pick up or jump in with someone to share costs of the drive.

My daughter (13 years old) and I just completed our open water certification (SEI) last month and are looking forward to doing some quarry dives this summer. We live near cincinnati and are looking forward to meeting some local divers and spending time in the quarries enhancing our skills. I think the Centerville quarry is the closest to us, but we also plan on going to Portage and Gilboa. What are the impressions of the Ohio quarries and which ones would be best for a couple of newbies?

Jim heres a link for Lakeview: RV Lakeview I'm going to try and make a little weekend trip out of it like on Saturday hit one and Sunday hit the other since they both are relatively close. If your ever over this way or need a buddy let me know. I'm only about 35-40 mins away. I usually dive the Dog Pond in Cadiz a couple times a month on the weekends if you ever want to go. Any good local places over your way to dive??
The Dog pond in Cadiz? Is that the old quarry in Jockey Hollow Wildlife Area?

What are the impressions of the Ohio quarries and which ones would be best for a couple of newbies?

All three quarries in N.W. Ohio are very good diving spots to practice skills at. Each one has its own good things and not so good things. Best thing to do is take the time to dive each and decide what you like diving the best. :)

al248005: I never knew about that place. Any good or bad feelings about RV lake? Thats pretty close to me if its worth it.

The Dog pond in Cadiz? Is that the old quarry in Jockey Hollow Wildlife Area?

??? I dunno where the Jockey Hollow Wildlife area is. To get to the Dog Pond you cross under 22 and turn right at the concrete plant. The pond sits about a mile and a half off of RT 9.

@Jeep: I have never been to Lakeview before. Hoping to get up there sometime soon.

Back
Top Bottom