Looking for people to dive with OH

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeepman3sk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey everyone, its been a while since I have been around here. I am looking to do some local diving this summer. Anyone looking for a dive buddy? Id like to do some great lake diving but wouldnt mind starting with the quarries to learn about each other first to gain a little trust. Its always interesting diving with new people. I am advanced cert NAUI and started my tech training before I moved to Europe for a while.

Hey Jeep. I'm from Bridgeport Ohio (eastern OH right on I70). I think DaveTowz and myself are gonna hit up Circleville and Lakeview here in a little bit once it starts to warm up. I also am planning on going to Gilboa a couple times this summer also. I can let you know when we decide to go if you would like to go also. Theres a group on here called Drive 2 Dive and theres a good many OH people on it if you want to check it out. I want to dive the GL also but I'm not drysuit certd yet. I'm gonna get it with my AOW towards the end of this year/early next year.

Hey everyone, its been a while since I have been around here. I am looking to do some local diving this summer. Anyone looking for a dive buddy? Id like to do some great lake diving but wouldnt mind starting with the quarries to learn about each other first to gain a little trust. Its always interesting diving with new people. I am advanced cert NAUI and started my tech training before I moved to Europe for a while.

A good way to meet people to dive with will be April 15th through the 17th At Gilboa Quarry. Where this forum known as Great lakes Wrecking Crew has its Annual Spring Meet N Greet. There will be divers of all skill levels there. It will give you a chance to meet the people on here so you will make future dive buddies. You can read about it here.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/gr...72446-glwc-spring-m-g-april-15-17-2011-a.html

Don;t forget over this way in PA as well. A few nice little quarries and just down the road a few hours the Caribbean of the North- Mt Storm! I'll be heading out your way as well to Whitestar, Portage, and Circleville. I'd like to hook up with some of you guys. Where is Lakeview? I'll also be at the DAN BBQ at Portage in July. Also check into the Ohio Council of Skin and Scuba Diving. I'm a pro member of the OCSSDI.

Jim heres a link for Lakeview: RV Lakeview I'm going to try and make a little weekend trip out of it like on Saturday hit one and Sunday hit the other since they both are relatively close. If your ever over this way or need a buddy let me know. I'm only about 35-40 mins away. I usually dive the Dog Pond in Cadiz a couple times a month on the weekends if you ever want to go. Any good local places over your way to dive??

thanks for the info so far guys. My buddy just got back from the sandbox so that weekend might be a little tough as I promised to see him. AL24 id be more then happy to dive. I have only been to the quarries in the north west and off the short in RI, NH, and MA.

Just wait til August to dive the Great Lakes without a drysuit. I dove Sanilac without a drysuit last year. Although the deeper wrecks are still a little chilly, 41F @ 110'. Most weekends, a few of us are at Whitestar, just let us know when you want to dive. Anyone diving this Saturday at Whitestar, let me know.

Hi...If you're ever heading to NW OH - White Star, Portage, Gilboa - Hit me up cause they're in my backyard. Always willing!

Anybody looking for a buddy this Sunday willing to put up with a wetsuit diver let me know...I'm ready to get the season started!

I am up to dive in almost any conditions. Cold water is awesome! Sunday at Whitestar is the next dive plan, ping me on a pm if you are up for it, the water is over 40 now!

I am thinking on hitting up Whitestar this Sat or Sun. Let me know what the time you want to meet up and I will see if i can swing it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom