Looking for other crazy quarry divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dtaine

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Since I'm in PA till mid-January I'm looking to do the New Years Eve Day Diving at Dutch Springs quarry.

I'm just wondering if there are any other crazies up here who'll be freezing, I mean diving, that day.

For those who don't know Dutch Springs is open from 11am to 2pm. Dutch Springs Homepage

I'm looking for a buddy/group to go diving with then - so let me know if you're as crazy as I am.

Mods: I posted this here because it seemed best, and there was a previous thread about the record attempt asking if people were doing that. If you feel it should be elsewhere feel free to move it, although i would be a little disappointed if you did. :D

Dtaine I would love to, only problem is I wont actually be certified until Jan 17th. Thats when I do my open water check out dives at Dutch.

Dtaine I would love to, only problem is I wont actually be certified until Jan 17th. Thats when I do my open water check out dives at Dutch.

bummer - and I'll be back in FL by then

If all I had to dive in was a lake or quarry I'd have probably never taken up diving.

If all I had to dive in was a lake or quarry I'd have probably never taken up diving.

We need to keep our skills up and the bath tub got old fast. :D

Who says that's all anyone has? Why, just 60 or so miles from Dutch Springs is a little swimmin' hole we call The Atlantic Ocean.

In fact, thanks to the German artificial reef program there are several interesting attractions scattered about the bottom too!

1f280670.jpg

Looks like I'll be diving with the Offender's Dive Club for the day.

RJP - your post reminds me of some of the Atlantic wrecks I have on my to-do list, I'll get to them eventually.

I'm a pretty serious quarry diver, but a bit further south. I typically dive at Pennyroyal Scuba in Hopkinsville, KY, pretty much land locked on all sides for about an 8 hr drive. The water's finally starting to cool down to the point hat there is no thermocline from the surface to 100+ ft.

Back
Top Bottom