Looking for Oahu Dive Operator recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dvleemin

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,
We're going to be heading to Hawaii in June for about a week for a family thing, and hope to do 4-5 days of diving. We're staying right need Waikiki beach, and were hoping to do 2 dives daily in the morning.

What I was hoping is that I could get some recommendations for good dive operators recommendations. We're looking for a small operation that hopefully caters to more intermediate to advanced divers. I did a quick google for operators, and a huge number showed up - and most of them seemed to cater to the resort diving type, or to cattle boats.

So any information you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Darryl

I dove with 2 operations last year Oct. Dive Oahu and AAA Diving. Both are great operations. Dive Oahu Owner Brian is a old friend of mine and he is very knowledgable and fun to dive with. Alex at AAA Diving is also very knowledgable and he runs a good operation. Both are winners in my book .

I've dived with Oahu Scuba Divers - they are members here, too - and had a great time. One of the many nice things about them is that they can tailor things pretty much group to group.

www.oahuscubadivers.com or PM justleesa

Have a great time!

alcina:
I've dived with Oahu Scuba Divers - they are members here, too - and had a great time. One of the many nice things about them is that they can tailor things pretty much group to group.

www.oahuscubadivers.com or PM justleesa

Have a great time!

I second that suggestion completely!

What is most important to you?

boat, sites, food, family friendly, price?

I like AAA for the boat and captain.

Aquazone is nice too, for south side.

Thank you catherine!
Lets start asking what kind of diving they want to do first!
btw...sound like you've been having some good dives as of late!
Sorry to hear your 2nd half is leaving again. A safe return is most important!!
SDVW

Thanks for all the replies guys.

So some more specifics. We don't much care on the food, or size of boat, or those types of things. We're looking for a boat that doesn't take a huge amount of divers, and will take us to the better sites. Family friendly also isn't a concern.

We like a boat that leaves on time, lets us dive, and brings us back - that's all . . . we're pretty low maintenance divers - we don't need an army to carry our gear or whatever - if it's just one guy boating us out there, that's fine.

Darryl

Family friendly also isn't a concern.

well, I love Alex, but I don't usually send the Mormon families, lol. AAA diving. He has cleaned up his language though, we council him. Love the roomy boat and the captain, Cris. Alex provides computers to everyone, which I think is nice.

Aquazone runs a tight ship, on time, safely, does the south shore cool sites. They are near my boat and I can see that they have it together.

Oahu scuba divers probably has the best food, does the wrecks....

I would mix the wrecks (Honolulu) with a day or two of a south shore operator for Sea Caves, Anglers, Fantasy Reef or the Corsair plane wreck to get a nice variety.

Ya'll should pack a little cooler with drinks and a snack. Most people who come here are disappointed with the lack of refreshments.

Not many people recomend OC. All the shops pick up, or most anyway.If you going out of Waikiki you will get the same sites from everyone. Thats not bad as they are all good sites so the extras that are offered are what makes it. Also look at Capt Bruce and Aquazone, one on each far end of the isle for some varaity in diving. Also the north shore will be flat by them so check out Deep Ecology.

Back
Top Bottom