Looking for Kayak divers on Oahu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rockjock3

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Here I am again. Trying to build the pool of Kayak divers for dives. Anybody out there that kayak dives on Oahu and want to get on a emailing buddy list? I am fairly new to kayak diving, but have all my own stuff and have dove the Leeward coast LCU and the Beechcraft, as well as the YO-257/San Pedro from Kayak already.

Jay

justleesa:
If I ever get in shape enough to join you I'll give you a hollar!...:(

Cool deal. I don't paddle fast though so you don't need to be in too good of shape to keep up.

Jay

why do you need a Kayak?
I have done every dive on the Leeward Coast, except LCU by swimming out. A couple where a little long, but not bad

meesier42:
why do you need a Kayak?
I have done every dive on the Leeward Coast, except LCU by swimming out. A couple where a little long, but not bad

The beechcraft is just at 1 mile straight offshore.

It is also a little more dangerous to swim out to places on the south shore with all the larger boat traffic.

Ah man i have always wanted to learn more about this. How exactly is it done, if you dont mind i ask..:)

Thanks for the thumbs up Catherine.

I got your PM Steve and and sent you one back also. The winds have just been so bad the last couple of weeks, but I do want to get that kayak out so bad. I am going to make a possible try this week sometime.

Sexsea--
What exactly do you want to know about how it is done. I could fill up a forum on how, but you really have to see it. It is awesome is all I can say. No feeling like paddling out to the YO, tying up and then being the only two divers on the wreck. That day was actually more awesome because the sub was onsite as well.

I am willing to help people get into it as well as going out with people that are already set up. Just let me know what you want to know about and I'll help you out.

Jay

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom