Looking for Kayak divers on Oahu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm gonna go take a look at my old Kayak today, I'll let you know later on if it will be up to diving

fishb0y:
I'm gonna go take a look at my old Kayak today, I'll let you know later on if it will be up to diving

Cool deal, it would be great to have you along.

Jay

Sloth:
Hmm, I've seem them back on the mainland in lakes and quarries. Would they be surf worthy do you think? Do you have any links by chance?

Mark

To be honest I don't know how they work, I have not had any direct or indirect experience with them. Sevylor makes a couple and one of them states it is good in surf. Just looking at them I don't like the one where the deckis flush with the top of the whole rig. I have seen a new one they make that the deck is more along the center of gravity that I like better, if I had to try one. Here is a link to the one that I would like.

http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/SLRDY.html

Although a little hesitant on a blow up yak, I do see the advantage over a hard/ plastic boat: an inflatable yak's side walls would give, lowering the chances of a roll-over/ flip...

Back
Top Bottom