Looking for fast lightweight fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubasassy

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have apollo bio fins that are great but better for manuverability and are very heavy. I want to find fins that are more for speed and lightweight for travelling. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Try the Aqualung "Blades II" - them things be zippy !!!!

the K

scubasassy:
I have apollo bio fins that are great but better for manuverability and are very heavy. I want to find fins that are more for speed and lightweight for travelling. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

for the exact same reasons, I just bought a pair of Oceanic Caribe full foot fins. Don't know yet how they perform, but I have seen very good reviews regarding their efficiency, they sure are very light, and cheap enough to give it a try (30.- at LP)

d-s-f

Scubasassy,
Try the Aeris velocity fullfoot fins. They're anything but heavy and are very quick of the blocks. They work best with the flutter kick.

Scubasassy,

I'm not a split fin guy, and in fact I own Aqualung Blades II, but I bought a pair of Dacor Trackers recently as 'guest fins' because they were incredibly cheap and really like diving them. They are about half the weight of the Blades so definately my travel fins, and they are the first pair of fins I've used that I can actually fin backwards in more than a few kicks.

I'm using them as my primary fins now. PM me and I'll tell you where I got them if you're interested.

Dennis

If you are looking for full-foot splits, might want to take a look at Oceanic Vortex V6.

Hope you will get what you are looking for soon.

Enjoy!!!

Mares Avanti Tre full foot fins are very lightweight. I think most any full foot fin will be an improvement on weight for travelling.

Oceanic Vectors. A little long compared to some but a good all around fin.

scubasassy:
Thanks!

Update on the Oceanic Caribe fullfoot:
got to try them yesterday - I love them! extremely fast, much less power-intensive on the legs compared to my Mares Quattro
and weigh next to nothing (incl. neoprene socks around 1/3 of my quattros plus hard sole booties)

will definitely leave the Mares at home on my next warm water trip
d-s-f

Back
Top Bottom