Looking for fast lightweight fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doesn't OMS have a lighter version of the Jet Fin now? I believe it's called 'slipstream', and incorporates the Jet Fin design, with a much lighter material.

Wow, lots of different brands are reccommended. Guess I'll try to look them up online and try to figure out which ones. I do prefer the adjustable over full foot and wear a 1ml booty.

Scubasassy,

I still think you'd be wise to try fins before you buy. Because everyones body is different, what works for one doesn't for another. I've tried fins others have raved about and to me it felt like I couldn't go anywhere in them. I guess that's why there are a zillion fins and a zillion recommendations.

Dennis

I second the vote for Mares Tres, full foot but I know a few people who like Cressi Freefrogs. I find they wobble a bit through the water when you really want to move but they are light!

deepseafalcon:
Update on the Oceanic Caribe fullfoot:
got to try them yesterday - I love them! extremely fast, much less power-intensive on the legs compared to my Mares Quattro
and weigh next to nothing (incl. neoprene socks around 1/3 of my quattros plus hard sole booties)

will definitely leave the Mares at home on my next warm water trip
d-s-f
By now, most know my opinion of the Caribe. They are an amazing piece of engineering. Probably won't appeal to the average jet fin "bubba", Caribes are light as a feather and will plow the water like nothing else short of the heavy weight, expensive bio fin pro.

The Mares avanti-tre and Aeris velocity are highly rated but the tre, at least, is not light weight like the Caribe. For example, the caribe weights 1/3 as much as the bio fin pro and about 1/2 that of the tre. I'm not sure of the exact weight of the Aeris fin.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom