Stiff lightweight jet fins options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sinidive

Registered
Reaction score
Currently diving in OMS Slipstreams and would like something more stiff and efficient.

Requirements:
- Efficient frog kicking
- Ok for back kick and helicopter turns
- Stiffer than slipstreams and more efficient if possible
- Lightweight. For both travel and sinky legs reasons.
- Available in Europe
- Tiny bit longer blade is ok (no overly tight spaces at the moment)
- No need for normal flutter kicks

Would love any pointers :)

Reactions: OTF
RK3 should be right for ya, they’re more neutral than jet fins, the HD variant can be a bit stiff for some people my wife loves hers.

Currently diving in OMS Slipstreams and would like something more stiff and efficient.

Requirements:
- Efficient frog kicking
- Available in Europe

See if a Tecline LightJet will fit you. They should be easily available in Germany (I bought mine from uwfun24.de).

See if a Tecline LightJet will fit you. They should be easily available in Germany (I bought mine from uwfun24.de).
How stiff are they as compared to Slipstreams? I know that stiff variants of Tecline PowerJets are nice (although too heavy for me in wetsuit) while the softer PowerJets ones are annoying to use.

Requirements:
- Efficient frog kicking
- Available in Europe

What do YOU mean by "jetfins"? That is a ScubaPro trademark.

How stiff are they as compared to Slipstreams? I know that stiff variants of Tecline PowerJets are nice (although too heavy for me in wetsuit) while the softer PowerJets ones are annoying to use.
Good question. I don't have a soft version of the powerjet to compare, but I have a medium and stiff versions. LightJet seems to be softer than the medium PowerJet.

Got around to finding Tecline LightJets and they are indeed quite floppy - more floppy than the OMS Slipstreams I am currently using.

I think Deep6 Eddy would fit the bill, but importing those from the US is really expensive - and according to Deep6 website the small/medium size is more soft than the other sizes :(

according to Deep6 website the small/medium size is more soft than the other sizes :(

The small/medium is the same material as the other sizes now. Only our original run of SM a few years ago was made of the softer compound.

Now we only sell the soft compound version in Asia, and all North American market fins are the stiffer material.

The Deep6 Eddy fins rock, they'll tick all the boxes for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom