looking for diving manuals for download (only legal stuff)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

randini

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I left all my diving books in the states when I came down to Chile some years back since I figured that between my SSI, NAUI, PADI and AAUS cert's something should be good enough to let me dive. I thought wrong. In order to dive for my work, I need to get my certification accredited through the Chilean Navy. That means taking an advanced open water type exam and the next testing date is in two weeks. That gives me plenty of time to review for the exam, if I had any of the material here to review from. Since I don't and it'll be impossible to get any printed material here in time, I need to find something I can get off the net. Does anybody know of any free/creative commons/GPL type licensed book that I can download or where I an order downloadable books so I can prepare for this exam in time.

Here is my talk on Diving Medical Literature. This covers free literature available online as well as some examples from those sources. (This is a work in progress so please be gentle.)

The Rubicon Research Repository has all of the UHMS journal articles from 1974 to 2005 and many technical reports. There is some real gold buried in this FREE collection (including the first version on the USN Manual by Ed Lanphier, has references - RRR ID: 3323). If you need help getting started, please visit our FAQ page.

I'm looking for the illegal stuff...PM me! heh heh heh!

Thanks for all the recommendations.

@Divin'Hoosier: I DL'ed the navy manual. Looks like too much to go through just to get the details I'll need for this exam. But looks like a great thing to have on hand.

@Gene_Hobbs: That literature looks great collection, but most of it too specific for this little exam. I'll definitely be going though some of that though afterwards.

@Ice9: That SDS book looks perfect. It even covers the tables concisely. I had completely forgotten how to use them after having been diving w/ a computer ever since shortly after my OW certification. Took an entire 30 seconds with that book and the table to remember how they work and do the 2 excercises.

@Bouyant1: Lol. For now I still have enough time to do things the right way. I'll keep your offer in mind for if desperation sets in.

By all means, keep them coming.

With the Navy Manual, just check out the 3 or maybe 4 chapters that apply, such as tables, diving physiciology and such. You can pick through the other chapters later as you desire.

It is, at any rate, a fantastic reference.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom