Looking for divers to Ginny Springs Feb 19 or 20th 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aaron m.

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm leaving the great white north for a dive at Ginny Springs hope to find somone to dive with so I don't have to pay for a guide.:D

I'm leaving the great white north for a dive at Ginny Springs hope to find somone to dive with so I don't have to pay for a guide.:D
What's your cert level and where are you looking to go? :idk:

Advance open water. Just want to dive Ginnie Spring not the The Devil's Springs. As I'm not cave or cavern diver certified yet. For me this is just to get wet and check out some new equipment before I get to The Keys, I have family that lives close to the springs. I ame taking my deep and wreck certs in the keys.:D

It's not a good idea to check out new equipment in an overhead environment. Even as a cave instructor, any new equipment that I need to check out in the water gets the check out in open water not in a cavern or cave.

Ginnie is open water unless you go down into the 'ballroom.' Its a good place to hop in and get wet to check your stuff out. Just don't take any kind of lights with you or the staff there will make you leave unless you have your cave cert. Hell- I did my OW checkout at Ginnie...

If i were in the area I'd be happy to get wet, but I'm stuck in GA then

I was hoping to check out the Ballroom on my second dive, and maybe check out the Blue Gratto the next day.:D

Ginnie is open water unless you go down into the 'ballroom.' Its a good place to hop in and get wet to check your stuff out. Just don't take any kind of lights with you or the staff there will make you leave unless you have your cave cert. Hell- I did my OW checkout at Ginnie...

Ginnie actually requires divers to carry lights into the Ballroom.

The Devil's system is another story: no lights unless cavern.

I was hoping to check out the Ballroom on my second dive, and maybe check out the Blue Gratto the next day.:D

Blue Grotto is nice, and across the street is Devils den, it too is open for ow divers. These two dives got me hooked on cave, now next month i am getting my intro to cave , the wife is not happy with me :)

I have been to Ginnie several times. During normal river levels, the basin is usually no more than 12 feet deep at the deepest. Not much room there. Lights are allowed at the Ballroom, although I disagree with this. OW divers have died in the Ballroom. I'm sorry you did your OW checkout at Ginnie. That's a huge disservice to OW divers to do checkouts there for several reasons.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom