Looking for Dive Buddies in the Cincinnati area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We are an experienced couple which is looking for dive buddies in the Cincinnati area.We would like to explore the lakes in KY,IN and OH on the weekend.
We are 38 and 43 years old and are fully equipped.

It would be great to get to know a few folks from the local diving scene since we are pretty new to this area.

Danny and Beate

My wife and I are from the Columbus area but would be up for diving sometime. I'm on tour right now so won't be home till October, but am game for stuff after that. And welcome to Ohio, prepare for a hot muggy summer!

Welcome to SB.

I am in Columbus and can easily get to Natural Springs, near Richmond IND.

Have not done Pennyroyal yet, but can do that with some notice.

Feel free to give me a shout.

Dave.

Good morning,

It's been a while since I logged into ScubaBoard but happened to come in today and see your post.

I'm in the Northern KY/Cincinnati area. Am an instructor and run my own instruction/trips but also dive quite a bit locally. Have a small but growing group of divers that get together and dive in this area and in the region on day trips.

If you interested in ever meeting up, please let me know. I'm usually diving somewhere almost every weekend. I try to keep a list of where we're diving on facebook in case anyone can join us.

http://www.facebook.com/people/AquaticDreams-Diving/100002085501989

Thanks much and have a good one!

John

We are an experienced couple which is looking for dive buddies in the Cincinnati area.We would like to explore the lakes in KY,IN and OH on the weekend.
We are 38 and 43 years old and are fully equipped.

It would be great to get to know a few folks from the local diving scene since we are pretty new to this area.

Danny and Beate

@ScubaBeaDan,

Welcome aboard. There are several dive sites open to the public within a few hours drive from Cincy: White Star Quarry in Gibsonburg, OH (near Sandusky), Portage Quarry in Bowling Green, OH; Gilboa Quarry in Gilboa, OH (near Findlay), the aforementioned Natural Springs and Pennyroyal quarries; Blue Springs Quarry in St. Paul, IN (currently closed due to a judicial injunction while litigation over ownership is ongoing); as well as a couple of quarries associated with local dive shops: Sugar Grove Quarry in Washington Court House, OH (associated with Scuba Unlimited (Cincinnati) and Aquatic Realm (Dayton) dive shops, and Tristate Scuba (Cincinnati) dive shop which has a quarry in northern Kentucky for use by its students and customers. Going to any of these sites on a summer's weekend should be a good way to get to know other local divers; for a landlocked town, Cincy has more than it's fair share of divers.

@ScubaBeaDan,

Welcome aboard. There are several dive sites open to the public within a few hours drive from Cincy: White Star Quarry in Gibsonburg, OH (near Sandusky), Portage Quarry in Bowling Green, OH; Gilboa Quarry in Gilboa, OH (near Findlay), the aforementioned Natural Springs and Pennyroyal quarries; Blue Springs Quarry in St. Paul, IN (currently closed due to a judicial injunction while litigation over ownership is ongoing); as well as a couple of quarries associated with local dive shops: Sugar Grove Quarry in Washington Court House, OH (associated with Scuba Unlimited (Cincinnati) and Aquatic Realm (Dayton) dive shops, and Tristate Scuba (Cincinnati) dive shop which has a quarry in northern Kentucky for use by its students and customers. Going to any of these sites on a summer's weekend should be a good way to get to know other local divers; for a landlocked town, Cincy has more than it's fair share of divers.

I am heading to Gilboa for Labor Day, Monday, Sept 3

Back
Top Bottom