Looking for a reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In the US and especially Florida and Carib most rental tanks are yoke. Certainly a DIN can be found and as often the DIN insert is locked in due to the valve having been hit/bent or corroded. Frankly, DIN is a PITA unless really needed for certain types of diving. Otherwise just get a yoke. And then, especially with Scubapro, get the DIN kit for the Mark 25/19/17, same part number and you can use a PITA DIN if you insist or a nice and good yoke!

Easy to switch and both bases are covered. Buy the yoke, get the DIN kit above.

James
That's exactly where I'll be diving most of the time the islands and the gulf

Just a heads up, there is a potential for warranty issues doing a grey market import like this. I say potential since might be okay, might not.

The risk isn't unique to scuba, but most grey market importing has the same issue.
So should I stay away from this? Have you ever had success importing ?

New to diving trying to buy equipment here and there I noticed EU sites are cheaper, did some research and found legit ones. But my question is on the DIN ones are they compatible with US tanks ? Or should I just buy an yoke first stage...
Looking at scuba pro mk25/260
Or apeks xtx50 setup
You should read this to answer a lot of your questions:

So should I stay away from this? Have you ever had success importing ?

I don’t buy grey market goods where the warranty is an important part of the purchase.

I know plenty of people that do however, they are just fine with the risk vs reward balance of cheaper upfront cost vs potentially higher repair/replacement costs later.

Only you can determine your personal risk tolerance. I just mentioned it as something for your consideration.

I would buy the "grey" market regulator and never look back as long as it is genuine product and substantial savings.

I would buy the "grey" market regulator and never look back as long as it is genuine product and substantial savings.
That was my thinking behind it, not trying to be cheap but if I can buy the same product same quality for $250 less it's something to think about

You have access to some great US made regulators like Deep6, HOG and DGX… is importing worth the hassle?

You have access to some great US made regulators like Deep6, HOG and DGX… is importing worth the hassle?
Deep6 has a strong reputation on ScubaBoard, and is probably less expensive than the ScubaPro regs you are looking at from Europe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom