looking for a pony

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TROGDOR

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am looking for a 19cu ft pony tank on Oahu, Dive Oahu says $250. That seems a bit high. I'm all for supporting the local economy, and understand that stuff is more expensive here, but I can get one sent overnight from leisure pro for $186 (115 for the tank and $71 for shipping.

anybody know a better option? (short of calling every shop myself:wink: )

Give Scuba toys a call.
They have the 19 cu pony for $115.00 and you get 10% off of that as a Scubaboard member.

Jim Breslin

If you can find someone to ship it via USPS priority, shipping will only be about $30 (I've had 3 AL40's shipped this way)

Aloha, Tim

I totally feel your tank price pain.

I'm pretty sure Dive Right In will ship USPS if you ask. They have a 19 for $120 and a 40 for $129. Valves are $60.

The other option is find a company who does free/cheap shipping to a mainland address and then make your friend or family member ship it USPS. Or get them to buy it retail locally and ship it to you.

-Eric

btw - Piranha diving has a 19cf for $130 (with valve) and in the past they have sent me things via USPS priority mail (make sure to use priority, or the post office can take 3-4 months delivering :S)

oh and don't trust the checkout pricing for shipping at Piranha - drop them an email and ask for a quote - their actual charges have always been less than the shopping cart system says (they refund the difference)

Aluminum Cylinders, Product Catalog

Aloha, Tim

Last edited:
Thanks for the input....

IDH doesn't sell tanks at all. Looks like I'll just have to suck up the shipping or start making phone calls.

Back
Top Bottom