Looking for a diving buddy in Wilmington

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aggie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello everyone! I am new to diving. Just got certified in May and so far I went to Liberty ship and Pocahontas. I am looking for a diving buddy since my friend isn't as excited about it as I am and I have no one to dive with. Is anyone interested?

Anyone interested to go out on July 9th to Stone Tug/Dredge Wreck with Aquatic Safaris? They still have a couple open spaces and I would really like to go but don't have a buddy. Can someone join me please? It will be fun :)

Won't the boat set you up with a buddy? When I go boat diving by myself, they do out here. Obviously it is often better when you dive with a buddy you know and who knows you.

I know the operators out of Morehead City ensures everyone has a buddy. Another option you have is to see if they have DMs/Guides for hire.

I know but I rather go with someone I kind of know. I am hoping to find a group of people I can go dive with on regular basis.

I know but I rather go with someone I kind of know. I am hoping to find a group of people I can go dive with on regular basis.

Yes, you are much more likely to plan trips and activities if you have friends to encourage you. I have tagged onto dive charters as a solo diver a couple times when I was traveling for work, but I am much more likely to make time for my diving when I have somebody to hang out with.

Patriot Dive Center in Wilmington has weekend dive meet-ups often. If you're interested in doing freshwater diving near Raleigh this weekend, you can join us.

Patriot Dive Center in Wilmington has weekend dive meet-ups often. If you're interested in doing freshwater diving near Raleigh this weekend, you can join us.
I might be interested. It would be nice for a change to go on a dive and not to get seasick lol. Can you send me more info about it? Do they rent gear? You can email me at aggiepotocnikova@gmail.com

I agree that it's more fun to dive with your buddies, rather than an instabuddy. But if it's between not going and instabuddy. I'll take instabuddy everytime.

You may want to look at some of the other threads on the NC page. I know there's a guy on here (Capt Tim?) that keeps his boat just north of Wilmington and he was looking for people to go with.

If you end up diving in Morehead City area, let me know. I'm the opposite of most people, weekends are hard, but the only thing between me and diving during the week is a leave slip

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom