Looking for a diving buddy in Wilmington

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, I live in Georgia but spend a lot of my summer in Greenville, NC. I was certified at Scuba Now, I got my ba and ma at UNCW. I know it is last min. but I'm going out with Scuba Now tomorrow to the Gill and next Tuesday to the Hyde, that is if the weather cooperates. I would also be interested in the Stone Tug on July 9th. Let me know if you are interested or want more info. By the way, my name is Josh.

I can't do Hyde yet. It's too deep and I didn't get my advanced open water yet but I am planning to so definitely keep me in mind if you need a buddy in the near future. If you want to go out on the 9th I am definitely in. Let me know if you are 100% sure and we'll have to book it while they have spots available. You can email me. I posted my email somewhere above.

I'm up for diving whenever I can. I haven't been off shore yet though- my wife and I recently moved to NC from MO. We are both certified but I'm the crazy one who would live under water if I could. Provided I'm not working and I have the extra cash for boat fees I'll never turn down an opportunity to get wet.

I'm in Charlotte but just about live in Wilmington during the summer! Shoot me a note next time you are looking to go and I would love to buddy up if my schedule permits!

Have dove a lot with Aquatic Safaris. They will ask if anybody needs/wants a buddy. (They do not require you have a buddy. They have a lot of skilled regulars). You can rent a DM as a buddy. it is not very expensive but needs to be arranged ahead of time.

The Gill is a tad deep for you but a great dive. You can actually do the Hyde especially with a slightly experienced buddy. The boat is upright and pretty much intact and the main deck is at 60 ft. The sand is 85 if you find a hole. Newer divers just dive the upper deck. Anchor line ties in at the 60 ft deck. I have seen a number of folks doing their first ocean dive on the Hyde (buddied with a couple of them.). Markham is trickier in that it is on its side. Top is only at 40 ft but more interesting parts like the props are deeper. Sand at 80.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom