Lookie lookie at what i found on craigslist

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sauerkraut

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
VINTAGE SCUBA vest

3n13md3l75O95R85Saa132aa6601d3ab41442.jpg

only $20 bucks. lol

lol. hell if i know. The article warns not to actually dive with it, but who would actually want to with todays equipment.

I should buy it and show up on the boat with my SCUBAPRo Mk1 (1 LP port - who could need more?) 30 year old Jet Fins, a Mike Nelson mask, a fire-extinguisher tank on a rope, a stiff-as-a-board duct-taped wetsuit with a worn out crotch, and start asking "Who wants to be my buddy?"

Terry

I used one for several years when nothing else really was available. It looks similar although mine might even been smaller. It is nostalgic, still I wouldn't want to use one today.

Which part of the rocket ride to the surface are you concerned about? :rofl3:

And, believe it or not, I have dove one of those. Was certified in the early 70's. Fortunately, never had to pull the ripcord to the CO2 cartidge. :shakehead:

Rocket ride with an 8 g cartridge? Won't happen at least not if you are very deep. It had minimal flotation even at the surface hence my advice to leave this one in the past. It was an early effort at inflatable personal flotation. Lots of people didn't use anything for some years.

I recall one MD who came up with a open bottomed cylinder he mounted on his tank in those years. He would put air into it using his regulator and bend forward to dump air. Primitive but effective to a limited degree. The early days.

Here is a shot of me using it in 1975, so I used it from 1971 until 1976 when I got my first horse collar BC. As folks have said it was more for surface use if at all.

Rick_N_Jenny_Springs_1975.jpg

Last edited:
I used one of those for snorkeling. My short gray UDT vest was for scuba! I liked the short length of the UDT vest and the quality was better. I'm not sure but the CO2 cartridge may have been a little bigger?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom