Lookie lookie at what i found on craigslist

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That was my first flotation device. I still have mine and used it recently a couple of time for a couple of vintage dives.

The only difference is that I replaced the small hose with a 1 inch corrugated BC hose back in the 70’s.

I have not seen one like this with the original hose in decades.
Thanks for posting the picture.

71673d1265467962-lookie-lookie-what-i-found-craigslist-vest-001.jpg

After seeing all of the posts it makes me very thankfull for my gear and nice equipment has became over the years. Makes me wonder who much gear will change over the next 30 years.

After seeing all of the posts it makes me very thankfull for my gear and nice equipment has became over the years. Makes me wonder who much gear will change over the next 30 years.

BC’s have changed some, but regulators have not. The only changes in regulators are cosmetic. Many use all the exact same parts as regulators built in the 60’s (others are just slight variations, but the same basic design).

With the increasing popularity of the back inflate BC (also the wing and plate) we are in some ways also going full circle back to a traditional tank harness.

I personally hope that some of the gear goes full circle to the simpler (more metal parts) more reliable gear we used to dive. Yes, not all, but a lot of the gear was simpler and more reliable.

I as well would like to see more metal parts. Plastic does not hold up as well.

I still have mine! This is me with the "Horse collar" on in 1973! Not the same model, but close!
456_Me_with_Abs_14-5_record_74.jpg

We disconnected the CO2 so it didn't go off by accident! LOL and BS we dived with it and puffed air into it and released the puffer valve to let the air out! It was such a pain in the ass I didn't use it much unless I was real deep hunting 80lbs Halibut!
What is that logo on the horse collar? It looks like an alien pez dispenser. :D

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Fw4BZ6O1R...k/Yj5RX2OrMag/s400/aqua-lung+weird+logo+1.jpg

Squid;
In the off chance you are serious in not recognizing the old US Divers/ Aqua Lung logo, whack the link.

And Papa Bear.....my wife says you used to look like a younger hipper Sean Connery (with a perm).

What happened.....
(couldn't resist...it was too easy)

Chug
May regret this...

That was my first flotation device. I still have mine and used it recently a couple of time for a couple of vintage dives.

The only difference is that I replaced the small hose with a 1 inch corrugated BC hose back in the 70’s.

I have not seen one like this with the original hose in decades.
Thanks for posting the picture.

71673d1265467962-lookie-lookie-what-i-found-craigslist-vest-001.jpg

I see someone in your avatar with my old scubapro mask. :)
My OW instructor had me fill the purge with wetsuit cement. LOL

Thanks for the flashback,

I see someone in your avatar with my old scubapro mask. :)
My OW instructor had me fill the purge with wetsuit cement. LOL

Thanks for the flashback,

That was the lower profile with the nose pocket, but I also had the lager Scubapro one with the large purge valve.

I hope your instructor paid you for ruining that mask. That large purge valve was as reliable as any regulator exhaust.

The three window mask on my left picture was probably the US Divers. Aqua Lung still makes that mask (with the nose pocket) and from what I hear they still sell a lot of them.

The two pictures in my avatar are both of me about 35 years apart. The RAM regulator is the same on both and the snorkel is also the same Farallon molded mouthpiece snorkel. The Fenzy BC and the Jet fins are identical, but not the same. I still have my old Fenzy and old Jet fins, but neither is functional.

What is that logo on the horse collar? It looks like an alien pez dispenser. :D

That logo is most responsible for bringing scuba the the US. Rene Bussoz started US Divers in LosAngeles in the early 1950's and imported the Aqua Lung developed by Cousteau in France. It was the first scuba equipment available in the US.

http://www.calclassic.org/Regulator/aqualung.html

That was the lower profile with the nose pocket, but I also had the lager Scubapro one with the large purge valve.

I hope your instructor paid you for ruining that mask. That large purge valve was as reliable as any regulator exhaust.

The three window mask on my left picture was probably the US Divers. Aqua Lung still makes that mask (with the nose pocket) and from what I hear they still sell a lot of them.

The two pictures in my avatar are both of me about 35 years apart. The RAM regulator is the same on both and the snorkel is also the same Farallon molded mouthpiece snorkel. The Fenzy BC and the Jet fins are identical, but not the same. I still have my old Fenzy and old Jet fins, but neither is functional.

LOL.
Once again Thankyou.

Nice to hear names like Farallon, Fenzy etc.

I was certed in '73.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom